Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at Home Wife...........

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ok,so I'm new the the stay at home wife thing. And I'm so bored out of my mind. I have the house clean by 9am every morning. For the rest of the day I stare at 4 walls. I can't go to school for personal reasons,and I don't have any hobbies to speak of. Any suggestions. Please help.

I'm a hoddie wearin,hubby t-shirt stealin,jeans rockin and a tennies junkie. I'm tattooed and I love them. Love me for who I am not for what you see.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I clean, sleep, do laundry, work out, go to the mall, watch a lot of TV and spend way too much time on the computer. 

EagleMom96

Volunteer somewhere? Take a class and start up a hobby?  Photography? Maybe volunteering will turn into a job for you? Good Luck!!  Ohhh, yes, workout! 

prego7386

ha lol i was the same way at first. now that RJ is older i am cleaning a lot but i also go out to the mall and walk around with him or take him to the parks here in housing. also you could ask your husband if any of the wives have kids the same age as yours and arrange play dates. that's how i have my two new friends here at he new post.

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Do you have kids at home with you? If so there are LOTS of free things you can get into.

I was the same way, couldn't find a job when moved and with hubby being gone so much decided to stay home with my DD this duty station...but then I got out and now I get so busy I am exhausted LOL

Vantrice
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:35 AM

LOL, I'm right there with ya.   I clean, until I get tired of it... lol... Um, yesterday I exercised, and I've started a diet.   This week I'm going to try to frame some pics b/c I'm horrible at getting pictures up.  When we get paid I think I'm going to hit up some consignment stores and thrift shops, I need to find stuff to make our house a "home".    I'm also going to go through some stuff and give it to Goodwill... AND, I've been searching everyday for more healthy recipes to cook.   It is weird staying at home all day by yourself, but the day seems to fly by sorda.   But, hubby comes home in the middle of the day so that helps to break it up!

amberdy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I forgot to add that I volunteer, A LOT.  Right now, I'm the "welcome committee" for my dh's company, I'm a keycaller, I do other stuff for the FRG, I'm the room mother for my 4th grade son, I'm going to start volunteering in my 3rd grade dd's class soon and at the middle school.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I like to sit on the couch and play on the computer while the TV babysits the kids. Sometimes I will get them something to eat and drink, but only after they bug me too much.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM

(So really, I am on CM too much, I clean, but not all at one time -I spread it out through the day/week, I workout, I am involved in the ESC, I do the website for the ESC, and I play with the girls. Sometimes I even get to read.)

MommyInk2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I have volunteered, just nothing yet from teachers. Both of my babies are in school. One is kindergarten and one in 1st great. I workout every morning from 7:30 to 8:30 and sometimes I wait until the middle of the day to do so. But I never thought about thrift stores I LOVE THEM!!!! I'm going to hit up goodwill and community thrift today. Thanks for the idea. As for the mall ok I'm just going to put it out there I'm bi-polar and have major problems with crowds to the point that I passed out from a panic attack the last time I did go to the mall by myself. I know sounds strange and it tends to make me not get out much.I'm not so artsy fartsy like most so crafting isn't really my idea of fun. But I do love to work on cars(just don't have one to get my hands on that isn't brand new). Another weird quirk. I dunno just feeling lost.

SierraLynn
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Im having the same problem. DD isnt in school yet, she just turned one. But doing the same things everyday gts very old, very fast. We only have one vehicle, and DH has been working crazy hours the past few months with no signs of it slowing down. He hasnt doen PT in I dont knwo how long, becasue they go striaght to work at 5am and he doesnt come home till about 1900 at least. I need to get a hobby or something. This totally sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)