Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Store-how often do you go?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 29 Replies

How often do you guys go to the grocery store?  Once a week, once every two weeks, once a month?  I'm just curious.  Normally, I go once every two weeks and periodically during those 2 weeks if I need something like bread, milk, etc.  I'm curious because I started doing a menu for meals and it's driving me crazy doing 14 or so days worth.  I was thinking about going once a week.  My problem is, I hate going to the grocery store!!!  So, how often do you ladies go?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I used to do big shopping twice a week and produce once a week (I buy produce at a different store) but I'm not sure how I'll work that out now that husband's gone. I hate grocery shopping too, but I also hate meal planning too far in advance or throwing out bad produce.

SierraLynn
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM

About once a week to get a cart full of stuff. I dont like to plan meals so far a head in advanced, becasue thigns I get for them go bad eventually. And we of course have the occasional "opps I forgot something running to the store real quick" moments. =)

A.Sindelar
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I go like twice a week, only because I don't cook and I can never figure out what to do for anything why Im there, so I randomly go weekly

susie132
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I go every two weeks. If I need something in between those weeks I just pick them up. I hate going grocery shopping so I avoid it as much as possible.  

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM

i go once every 2 weeks for the majority of things and then periodically throughout to get small things here or there...i usually only plan meals for the first week and then get basics that i can put together easily.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I do the major shopping once a week, but I always end up going back because I usually forget some crucial item I needed!

TJ_Jasons_mummy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM

We go shopping once a week. However the way the boys have been eating im running out of stuff quicker

sigmomlisl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:27 PM
once a week i do try not to go on pay day or two days after because the commisary is insane on those days
brennajoy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:30 PM

twice a month and a million runs in between for little stuff it seems.

wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 PM

we TRY once a month to get in bulk the majority of what we need - we have a sams membership and theres only 3of us at the moment and we have a deep freezer... then pick up dairy/produce maybe once a wk sometimes twice

used to like grocery shopping however i lack the energy these days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)