Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great Easy and fast recipes

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

I do not do well with dinners, I need some ideas or recipes.  Anyone got any?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
themacs4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I'm always looking for new recipes.  I get tired of having the same thing.  Some good sites are allrecipes.com and cooks.com.  Tangleballlover (a member here) has a recipe blog and I've made a few of her's and they are really good.  I have it saved to my favorites on my home computer, so I'll get it tonight when I get home and post it!

SierraLynn
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Ive got a good crockpot one that works well with a roast or pork tender loin.

Dice up some potatoes, onion, celery, and use baby carrtos. Coat the bottom of the crockpot with them, put the roast on top. mix together a can of cream of mushroom soup and Lipton's onion soup mix in a abowl and spread over your meat. and the cover with the rest of your vegi's and cook on low for like 6-8 hours. It turns out pretty good.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I am ALL about a quick dinner. I found this one last night on allrecipes.com. It was pretty dang yummy!

Ingredients

• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Clean chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (or whichever seasonings you prefer) on both sides of chicken pieces.
  3. Bake for 25 minutes, then add cream of chicken soup and bake for 10 more minutes (or until done). Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Vantrice
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I have been searching through allrecipes.com like crazy lately.  That's my favorite site!!  It will at least give you ideas, and you can make your own little recipe box and organize them.  I am horrible at coming up w/ ideas as well.

wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:52 PM

i just had my mom email this to make wed sooo yummy!!!

JIFFY CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1 2/3 CUPS SLICED CARROTS
2 TABLESPOONS BUTTER
1/4 CUP CHOPPED ONION
1 TABLESPOON FLOUR
2 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK (OR SUBTITUTE 2 BOUILLON CUBES AND 2 CUPS WATER)
2 TEASPOONS SUGAR
1 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 TEASPOON POULTRY SEASONING
1/8 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
1 PACKAGE(10OZ.) FROZEN GREEN PEAS
1 1/2 CUPS COOKED SLICED/CUBED CHICKEN
1 1/3 CUPS INSTANT RICE

SAUTE CARROTS IN BUTTER IN A LARGE SKILLET UNTIL CARROTS ARE ALMOST TENDER, TURNING FREQUENTLY (8-10 MINUTES).  ADD ONION AND SAUTE UNTIL ONION IS GOLDEN BROWN.  STIR IN FLOUR, BLENDING WELL.  ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS, EXCEPT CHICKEN, RICE AND PEAS.  BRING TO A BOIL.  STIR IN PEAS, CHICKEN AND INSTANT RICE (RIGHT FROM THE PACKAGE).  COVER AND SIMMER FOR 10 MINUTES.

MAKES 6 SERVINGS (ABOUT 1 CUP EACH)
usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:26 PM

They are not really fast, but they are easy!

Creamy Cheesey Crockpot Chicken

• 4 chicken breast (can be frozen)
  • 1/2 cup water w/chicken bulion
  • 1 pack of DRY italian dressing
  • 2T butter, melted
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 8oz of cream cheese

Pour water (ckn bulion) in crockpot, put in ckn breasts. Pour melted butter over chicken, and then pour the dry italian dressing over chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

30-45 minutes before finished cooking, mix CoC soup and cr cheese, add mixture to chicken. Continue cooking 30-45mins. Serve with cooked noodles. (you can pour over noodles or add noodles in crockpot.

London Broil, crockpot

Place london broil in crockpot, pour one bottle of italian dressing over meat. Cook on low 6 or until meat is cooked through.

Photobucket

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Anything really in the crockpot is good. I use Allrecipes.com for recipes too, and they have crockpot ones, and regular recipes too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)