Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it just me....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

or does it seem like there is a contradiction going on here.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38926368/ns/health-fitness/?Gt1=43001

but yet they are changing basic training around so that they are given more down time and a buffet .... I don't get it.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Um, I personally wouldn't want fat and lazy recruits, but apparently they are trying to accomodate them? That's what I got from this article...

KrhMsh
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Ya... If you're fat and lazy you shouldn't be accommodated to, especially in boot camp. I don't see how giving them yoga and pilates are going to make them better able to handle the extreme conditions in the desert, and we should keep our weight standards in tact, how is someone 70lbs over weight supposed to be productive in war situations? 

I don't mean to be harsh, but the only benefit to having someone obese in the military is when it comes time to run at least I won't be last.

Quoting USAFamily:

Um, I personally wouldn't want fat and lazy recruits, but apparently they are trying to accomodate them? That's what I got from this article...

asaffell
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I didn't see it as that, I saw it as using core work to prevent stress injuries which are pretty common and avoidable. But yeah, it does seem really contradictory.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:49 PM

That's awesomeness.

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Bump.

amberarend
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM

When I went through basic in the AF I lost 22 pounds.  They worked us like crazy, and didn't let us rest.  And food....we were told what to eat.  'You can have a cheeseburger, but not the bun.  No french fries, you're all too fat for that.  Oh look, so and so is putting sugar in her oatmeal, just what her fat a** needs.'  Just a few of the things I remember.  They are getting way too soft on these people now.  Crap, I remember one girl had to pee and the TI said no, so she peed in her pants.  We all had to push while she went back and changed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)