Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School: Which one?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

Public? Private?Homeschool?

If no school age children, what will your preference be?

**I know circumstances (esp. military) can change our preference, but generally what do you hope for/prefer?

teacher

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EagleMom96
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Private so far...

TippyD
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM

we will homeschool or PRIVATE Christian school. 

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I would LOVE to send them to a privte school, but we can't afford it. So dd when dd starts kinder, she will attend the base school. Until then we send her to public pre-k, but it isn't the kind of school I feel comfortable sending her to all day. And I like that at the DOD school there are kids that are going through the same stuff that our kids go through.

If I had the patience, I would love to homeschool, but I just don't. We have tried home preschooling, and it was ok, but I'm ready to let another person take a stab at it!

nickieb85
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Public school but recently I found out that if you want your child to go to kindergarden full time (like a full day) then you have to pay for it... Half a day is free! This seems absolutely ridicuolous to me!

amberdy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:22 PM

My children go to public school, but I have homeschooled in the past.  If I had the money, I would probably send them to private school if we could afford it.  We always more to areas with the best schools available.

Soniam301
by Sonia on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Homeschool or Private Christian School. We are doing Private school this year. I would prefer homeschooling, but my school schedule does not allow it right now.... Hopefully next year!

tarinah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:14 PM

private catholic prek-6, then not sure from there!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Private

JMmama
by Kara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I would prefer private, but it just isn't in the budget. They go to the Y for preschool, but then my oldest starts kindergarten next year. There is ONE public school here that offers free full day kindergarten. If I can get him in there, he will go. If not, I don't know what we are going to do. I have been looking into k12.com. We might do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)