Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living on base/post=D R A M A ?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM
  • 38 Replies

I'm sure we've all heard it one time or another. If you live on base/post, there is always drama. Bored housewives have nothing better to do...blah blah blah...

So, is it true? If you have lived on base was/is it a terrible experience? Do you have a horror story?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I live on base. :) The worst thing thats happened to me is a bunch of raccoons lived in my attic for a while and the housing office looked at me like I was nuts when I told them about it. They set a trap and sure enough, we caught one! LOL

EagleMom96
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

We had a nice on base experience, made good friends, but there is drama everywhere. I am not sure how to escape it....just how to stay OUT OF IT! : ) 

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I've never had a problem with drama on post.  The only issue I've ever had is my neighbor's dog kept getting into our yard and I had to get housing involved because she refused to fix the problem. 

DawnPratt23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Don't live on base and was reminded why a few months ago. Some can be so childish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

ugh we had drunk neighbors who would kick our trash cans and let their dog run everywhere (yup we called on it and the dog was taken for a short time HOWEVER shoulda been taken for good because they had one dog ALWAYS tied in the backyard where you could see its ribs :( ) other then that not to much drama that had to do with living on base since prob woulda happened off as well.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Base housing sounds great to me. After living in the projects all my life I know how to avoid drama....It's actually pretty easy too...Makes you seem like a snobby b**** though lol....You just keep your nose out of other people's business and don't talk to any of your neighbors. Sounds mean but it kept me out of a lot of neighborhood drama many times. Of course keep you're eye out for your neighbors to make sure they are ok and make sure they respect your yard and whatnot, but don't get in their business unless it's serious like deathly so. That's how I think about neighbors lol.

Vantrice
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Nope, no drama so far.  = )

-Riches-
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

No drama. I come home and stay to myself. I don't go outside with the neighbors and hang out. I did once or twice. They were nice people but not people that I'd hang out with. There are 3/4 houses on my block where the people are pretty friendly with each other, but I don't have the desire to be hanging out. The only reason I even would is because 3 of us have daughters that were born within 3 months of each other.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

We lived on base once. I was so worried about drama I never talked to anyone! I wish I hadn't doen that because I ended up being pretty lonely. I think the best way to stay out of the drama is to avoid it. We all know the types of chicks who cause it, so I just don't befriend them. I've not experienced drama by another spouse in a long time thanks to that mentality, but I still get out and make new freinds, so I'm not lonely :)

mamamissy23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM

well I did once but it was in the off base housing. and we had just moved in. People who didnt even live in the same building as us had a band in the garage and they were playing so loud it was rattling our walls. I was pregnant and I went over nicely to ask them to turn it down btw it was during quiet hours and they were all drunk and they came out and called me a bitch and told me to shut the F up. I wanted to punch the bitch in her face but I was pregnant so I didnt want to risk anything. But the next day I had a knock on my door and the girl brought over a card, flowers and a pizza gift certificate and appologized for the way that she treated me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)