Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So there is a possible hurricane coming...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hurricane Earl has the potential of hitting the area. Now, I am not worried about the hurricane. However, I am worried about finding a store with groceries tomorrow. I am considering going tonight, but I am a lazy kinda gal and it probably will not be happening. Oh, and tomorrow is payday, so I will be fighting those crowds as well. Spiffy.

Oh, and we are supposed to be going out of town from Friday to Monday to visit family. I am not looking forward to it, but I am going to suck it up and be nice.

No real point to the post. I am bored and felt like complaining. Yep.

Photobucket

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM
Be safe. Sorry you're bored.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahJean70
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Lived through Fran - it was fun, but we could have done with some ice. People go a little nutty in some parts of Nc "aaaacccckkk - it's the end of the world- I need bread and milk!!!" me? I'm heading to class six.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamissy23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM

BUMP!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, that is one thing that I even noticed when I was little (I have always lived in NC). Anytime there is a potential for bad weather, people go crazy with the shopping. I am too cheap to do all that, lol!

wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:10 PM

ugh we are further in here in va (close to richmond) and some are freaking out. sillyness! cant be prevented!! just kinda have to go with the flow

USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:14 PM

We were affected by Katrina when we were stationed in MS. Actually, we got Katrina and Rita, which was big fun. We lived inland near Columbus AFB, so it wasn't nearly as bad as what other people experienced, but I was 8.5 months pregnant and had no drinkable water or hot water and no electricity for a week. Let's just say I was not a happy camper.

Good thing I'm a worry wort though -everytime a big storm might have been headed our way I always stocked up on supplies. So we were pretty well taken care of for a while at least!

Good luck to you, get those supplies!! You never know if you'll need them!

amberdy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I would def go tonight or you might be screwed.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:43 PM

If they are still calling for it to hit us, and it is a Cat 3 or 4, then we will be going to my mom's house. I wouldn't put my girls through no power in this heat, flooding (it is BAD here), and other possible issues. Another reason I am not going crazy for supplies.

Quoting USAFamily:

We were affected by Katrina when we were stationed in MS. Actually, we got Katrina and Rita, which was big fun. We lived inland near Columbus AFB, so it wasn't nearly as bad as what other people experienced, but I was 8.5 months pregnant and had no drinkable water or hot water and no electricity for a week. Let's just say I was not a happy camper.

Good thing I'm a worry wort though -everytime a big storm might have been headed our way I always stocked up on supplies. So we were pretty well taken care of for a while at least!

Good luck to you, get those supplies!! You never know if you'll need them!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)