Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RPP list...Ft. Lewis WA???

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM
  • 15 Replies

So were looking for a place near base but I dont want to live on base. We were hoping to use the RPP program but my DH is apparently having a problem getting a list of apartments that use the program (Not sure why its so difficult) but I was wondering if anyone knew any apartments around JBLM that did RPP, we were hoping to move to either Lacey or Puyallup. Any help would be great! PS:: he is already there staying in the barracks and our son and myself are in KS so we have to find something ASAP!

by on Sep. 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

LancesMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM

BUMP!

asaffell
by Ashley on Sep. 14, 2010 at 11:31 PM

BUMP

KBM99
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 1:52 AM
Bump
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 1:58 AM

What is RPP? I am at McChord (JBLM now lol), and I have been here for 5 years so maybe I can help you. Also, there are a LOT of houses out here for rent that are decent for under what his BAH would be out here. You can check the AHRN website for houses/apartments for rent in your comfort range.

WifeOfAnMP
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Check out this website. Hope it helps you!

http://www.lewis-mcchord.army.mil/publicworks/sites/housing/rentalPartnership.htm

Soniam301
by Sonia on Sep. 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting WifeOfAnMP:

Check out this website. Hope it helps you!

http://www.lewis-mcchord.army.mil/publicworks/sites/housing/rentalPartnership.htm

also try ahrn.com

amberdy
by on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I lived in Lacey for 2 1/2 years and loved it.   I just googled homes for rent in Lacey and found places that way.  I don't know what RPP is.

tessasmom
by Member on Sep. 15, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Never heard of RPP either so I googled it:

Rental Partnership Program

The Rental Partnership Program, formerly the Set-Aside Program, was established to help military members get adequate rental housing at a reduced rate, but it does not mean rental housing is set aside exclusively for them. Representatives from the installation's housing office and local landlords enter into agreements to offer service members special rental benefits above what other tenants receive. It is voluntary for landlords and tenants.

Typical benefits might include the waiver of security and utility deposits, little to no out-of-pocket costs for rent, no credit checks or application fees, a discount on market rental rates and immediate access to housing.

The agreements guarantee referrals to the landlords, but also stipulate that neither the installation housing office nor the military services are obligated to pay delinquent rent, damages or other obligations incurred by military tenants.

The installation's housing office tailors the rental partnership agreements to meet the specific needs of its members.

All the services have the rental partnership program operating at some of their installations. The services continually are improving the program and evaluating how it can be expanded

armywife09765
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 3:34 AM

When my husband returned from Iraq to JBLM we used Parkwood Property Management in Lakewood, WA. We had the worse experience with this company and we hate to know that another military family would choose this company as well and go through the same terrible service. We were talked down to and never had issues resolved that we turned in. This company threaten us not to get orders to get out of a lease that we wouldn't win that battle when we never gave them reason we were trying to. We had horrible neighbors that threaten & harrassed our family for 3 months and this company gave us an attitude with our complaints and never resolved the issue themselves. There were nights our family could not sleep because of our living conditions. The issues were on a daily basis with this company. Thankfully we received orders to PCS to Hawaii! So we were thrilled to have reason to get out of this lease with this company. Even after we left we had problems receiving our deposit after the 14th day mark, we are still waiting for our deposit today!  We have also heard similar stories from other military families. My husband just got back from his second deployment and had to deal with literally HELL on a daily basis for 3 months with this company. Life was just so depressing for our family at a time where it should have not been. Durning my husbands deployment we lost our child at 23 weeks and two childhood friends in Afghanistan. We felt uncomfortable and miserable in our own 1st home together. A military family should never feel this way. We are so relieved we live in paradise now and so far things are looking up. We just want to let the word out at as many places for our military community to know our experience with this company and hopefully stay away from it. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)