Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glad there is a Military Moms group

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son has been in the Marines a little over a year now and he just left for Afghanistan this month.  He is going to be gone 7 months and just hoping all goes well.  There are days when I just start crying if I happen to think of him for a split second.  It's awful when they grow up and you can't protect them anymore like when they were little. 

Anyway,  hope to make some friends with other moms and connet.

Thank you,

Joy

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Aqua_Jen
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Welcome! I know its hard not to worry but your little boy is a man now. He has trained for this and I'm sure he will make us all proud! Thank you for raising a son who sees value in freedom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Amber on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Welcome to the group.

rdhdarmymomof3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Joy, I know how you feel.  My oldest son has been in Iraq since January.  Sometimes I am crying & my husband thinks I am silly, they just handle it differently.  I have joined Blue Star Mothers in my area to have some Moms locally to talk to that are dealing with deployment like I am, unlike the first time, it has helped having other people that can relate to what you are going through.  Every time I see a soldier has been killed on TV it just kills me, I am constantly listening to the news to hear if there is anything happening in the area where he is at.  Right now, they aren't really reporting on Iraq much, just like when my youngest was over in Afghanistan, most of the fighting was in Iraq, so the news didn't report much on that.  At least during this deployment I have Facebook to keep in touch with my son.  If I don't hear from him in a while I just shoot a message to him & say " haven't heard from you in a while, are you OK?" & he'll respond back to me right away, usually within a day.  Sometimes those chats we have will last an hour or two.  Sometimes I'm crying on this side of the computer, he can't see it but at least I am able to kind of talk to him.  I hope it helps to know that you are not alone.

April

bestnanato9
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Hey ! My son just joined the Navy and he is just now at bootcamp and it is really killing me.  He is all the way in Chicago and even though he is 21 yrs old.......I cry almost all the time. I received my first letter from him and cried the whole time I read the letter. I really need some support on how to not cry all the time. My husband thinks that I am crazy !!

Thanks, Leslie

themacs4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Welcome to the group!!

Cafe Jennifer
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Moms of service men and women - we welcome you with open arms.  We hope you spread the word that we are here and we are eager to listen, help, give advice (whether you want it or not) and share resources.  Thanks for posting - Cafe Jennifer

hugs

brennajoy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Welcome to the group! I know it's tough but we are here for a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen whenever you need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)