Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texting

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 38 Replies

Do you ladies text?  If so, how often?  I text all the time.  I love texting..I wish I could get my parents on the texting bandwagon!

My phone has autofill turned on so when I'm texing, it will auto fill a lot for me.  Yesterday, me & hubby were texting and he was telling me about a guy in his unit.  I texted back Who? and what I thought I typed was the guys last name.  Well, my auto fill filled in Keisha instead of the guys last name.  My hubby texted back Who the hell is Keisha?  I've done that several times and he's always like What are you talking about?!?!  LOL

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberarend
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I am not a big texter...I find it annoying having to type out on a tiny keyboard.  I can't stand text talk either.  All the shortening of words, or just leaving them out completely.  I am anal like that.  lol

themacs4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Quoting amberarend:

I am not a big texter...I find it annoying having to type out on a tiny keyboard.  I can't stand text talk either.  All the shortening of words, or just leaving them out completely.  I am anal like that.  lol

LOL..The one thing I don't do while texting is shorten words.  I hate that, too!!

starreyedcutie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

i text alot, but i dont do the word shortening thing. I dont really have time usually throughout the day to talk on the phone i have 2 toddlers and a 11 day old baby so texting is just easier for me

Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I text a good amount.... my sister and I do it ALOT...my mom and dad both know how to text...granted texts from my dad are some strange random text. DH was so against texting until he got his droid. We don't text all that much  but I like it better now that I know I can text him something instead of calling him

Renee02
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Texting is my savior lol..With my kids, I can't talk on the phone because they are either fighting or bugging me for attn..Ages 4yr and 1yr...And by the time I can talk on the phone, at nap time or bedtime, I am too tired to talk lol..So I have unlimited texting..I text UP TO 100 a day BUT the least amount 30 a day..It depends if me and my friends have anything to talk about or bitch about..Plus there have been times when I was even too tired to text LOL..Oh and forgot to add..Yes my parents have it too lol..My mom and I text mostly..My dad will send me a random text to screw around or ask a quick question but not often..

SamMichelle88
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Lol that's funny. I used to do that all the time on my old phone. My sister's phone fills in some CRRRAZY stuff. I text about 100,000 messages a day though lol.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM
I text a lot. Too much maybe. But I hate talking on the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hobbitswife04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:03 PM

My moods change with it comes to texting. Some days I love to text and others it annoys me. My BIL is a texting fiend.  He texts CONSTANTLY and always with several different people. My mom texts and there are times I wished she wouldn't...lol.

LovinMyBabies57
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM

What ! you mean I can talk to someone on my blackberry?? LMAO ! I text all the time I have my yahoo messenger set up to my phone and then I have blackberry messenger and my e mail and my bank account oh I'd go nuts without it !

MorgansYoungMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:19 PM
This is me... I text wayyy to much for my own good.

Quoting usmclife58:

I text a lot. Too much maybe. But I hate talking on the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)