Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Basic School in Quantico, VA

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi all!

My son is going to be reporting to The Basic School next month and I was wondering if any of you knew what I should expect it to be like? Do the Marines get the weekends (some) off? And what about holidays? I tried looking online to find a sort of schedule--but was unable to. Figured I should try here.

Any info would be helpful :) Thanks!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM

They are normally kept very busy during TBS. They have homework they have to do along with doing field exercises. My DH went through it in January but he went through it for Warrant Officer so it was shorter than it is for the Lt. http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/tbs/  If you know what Company your son will be part of there should be a schedule under the respective company's page. But remember things are subject to change. As far as weekends off i'm not sure. I know my DH got weekends off but again things were slightly different for the guys going through the course to become Warrant Officers. They also had to "work" on weekends if they failed particular things to do remedial training until they passed the element.

maria2734
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Thank you very much for the info! It was all very helpful.

brennajoy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM

BUMP!

Mommy2girls0207
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM

My husband just went through the WO TBS in Jan. as well. :) I bet they knew each other!

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

They are normally kept very busy during TBS. They have homework they have to do along with doing field exercises. My DH went through it in January but he went through it for Warrant Officer so it was shorter than it is for the Lt. http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/tbs/  If you know what Company your son will be part of there should be a schedule under the respective company's page. But remember things are subject to change. As far as weekends off i'm not sure. I know my DH got weekends off but again things were slightly different for the guys going through the course to become Warrant Officers. They also had to "work" on weekends if they failed particular things to do remedial training until they passed the element.

bramamber
by Amber on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Here is a bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)