Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Welcome Aboard the Military Moms Group! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 804 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the Military Moms Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  If you're feeling really adventurous, start your own post.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend.  To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

We recommend checking out these posts on our group:
**Find Info on YOUR Military Base HERE**
Look at our new Military Mom signatures...add one to your post today.. 
Our new facebook page...please pass it on

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself!

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Cafe Jennifer
Proud Military Mom and Spouse

Military Mom Team and Group Mods:
Cafe Robin, Cafe AmyB, mamamissy23, themacs4, brennajoy, bramamber, usmclife58, asaffell, MommaSpry, violinjewel, PJMom1226, EagleMom96, CorbinsMomma, USAFamily, MarlaBarla, fairymom2316, hobbitswife04 and babowes

Join us on the DC Metro Military Moms group!
DC Metro Military Moms

by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Replies (1-10):
shay_acree10
by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM

hey everyone,

my name is shay . I'm a new military wife. I'm 5 months pregnant . and just moved from south Carolina to phenix city Alabama. my husband is stationed at ft benning. i have a five year old son from a previous marriage . everything about being a military wife is overwhelming. plus being so far away from my friends and family makes things much worse . i have no one to talk to. it get very boring. i try to talk to my friends t home but they really just don't understand. my husband is here for me as much as he can be . which i am grateful for. so i decided to join in hopes i could get a little bit of help and understanding this new lifestyle. thank you

sophiejsmommy
by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 8:13 PM

My name is Shelby. First-time 22 year old mom to the most beautiful little (almost) 5 month old baby girl, Sophia! Currently living in Florida with my family, soon to be back at Camp Pendleton with my marine and VERY excited for him to get to meet our daughter... a week before Christmas! Currently not married to my marine, but hoping that it will soon happen... not very concerned about it right now, since it's just a matter of time at this point ;) Haven't seen him in almost a year... being apart never gets any easier, but love him more and more everyday!

Ittgal
by on Oct. 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Welcome ladies,  I'm sure you'll find lots of good information and support on this site.  

galsurfer
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 4:43 AM

Hey! My name is Rachel. I have a 4 year old daughter and my dh is in the Navy. Excited to meet some militay wives with something in common:)

galsurfer
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 4:50 AM

I grew up in San Diego. I just missed ya:( I moved 3,000 miles east a few weeks ago. Congrats on the reunion! A year is a long time to be apart.

Quoting sophiejsmommy:

My name is Shelby. First-time 22 year old mom to the most beautiful little (almost) 5 month old baby girl, Sophia! Currently living in Florida with my family, soon to be back at Camp Pendleton with my marine and VERY excited for him to get to meet our daughter... a week before Christmas! Currently not married to my marine, but hoping that it will soon happen... not very concerned about it right now, since it's just a matter of time at this point ;) Haven't seen him in almost a year... being apart never gets any easier, but love him more and more everyday!

jboh61
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi Shay,

Being new to a community is difficult. Having a young son is your KEY to your new life. Get involved with his school. If there are after school programs offered to children his age, get him involved. Things like soccer (if he is able to run), Cub Scouts (they have a level called Tiger Cubs for littler ones)  4H. This is how you will meet other moms... through your son.

If you can, volunteer at his school. Teachers would love to have someone staple booklets together, listen to children read, do math or vocabulary flash cards with a child(ren), make copies, gather materials, put up a bulletin board (they supply the materials).

Since I was not a wife of military, I can't speak to that aspect. Others on this list can. When I was first an 'at home mom' it did get tough. I was excited when the UPS man came to my door, "AN ADULT... He speaks FULL SENTENCES!"  That's when I knew I had to do something! :)  I made flyers and passed them out in the neighborhood, "Meet at the park at 10am Friday morning, weather permitting".  I was afraid I would be the only person at the park!  That Friday I was walking slowly to the park, afraid to be alone... still.... when I got there... TEN other mom's and kids were there!  We kept meeting on Fridays and I made new friends whom I met on other days. It was great.  you might give that a try as well.

I'm guessin Phnix City has many military families, it's just a matter of finding them. Your husband might be able to ask around the Post if anyone else has kids similar aged and you could invite them to coffee/chat for an hour or something. Maybe have a picnic and invite several at once.

Any time you move it takes about 1 year for it to feel like home. Military families might not really have that time line. They become experts at making ANYWHERE feel like home :)

GOOD LUCK!
JMB

marinemomxdos
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Hello all, My name is Sandra and i am the mother of 2 sons in the USMC. My oldest was on 2 tours of iraq and my youngest is currantly on his first deployment in Afganistan. I worry alot and hope this could be a place to help ease the stress of being a millitary Mom. Looking forward to figuring this site out and maybe making a few new friends.

marinemomxdos
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Hi shay,

I'm a military mom not wife but i think we have a few things in common. I moved to Michigan about 11 years ago to start a relationship that didn't work out so now i'm here all alone. No family and not anyone i can really call a true friend. My kids are scattered everywhere and i don't get to see them nearly as much as i would like. I understand the feelings of being all alone but just know that you can find people who understand you and are willing to talk anytime. Things will be fine. Have faith.

Sandra

shay_acree10
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM

thank you sandra for your kind words. i know it can be tuff moving to a new area. so im doing all i can to find some friends. my mom was a drill instructor for the marine corps. so i do have some military back ground but being an army wife is way diffrent. i'm hoping to meet new people on here. thank you shay

amberdy
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Just wanted to say welcome to all the newcomers.  My name is Amber.  My husband has been in the Army for almost 10 years (9 more days).  I'm a SAHM with four children (16, 12, 9 and 8).

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)