Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

NACCRRA - Child Care Assistance

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten child care assistance from NACCRRA? I tried calling them to see how much they covered, but the lady wouldn't give me an estimate...My husband is a recruiter here in MN so we qualify.

by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaSpry
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Bump!!! Never heard of it.. but on a side note, I'm so jealous! we're from Minnesota and I MISS it!!!!! We're currently in Germany, way to far away from our Family back there!!!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM

BUMP!

lilnena98
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 10:41 AM

i haven't used it. However the daycare that is part of naccra told me they will over $100.00 . SHe gave the application for us to apply.

KelsJez
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Thanks for the bump!

$100??? Really? That's it? Per month? Oh geez. The daycare here is like $875 a month...

canmarsh
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:28 PM

When my DH was deployed last year we got $100 per child a month.  They also paid $50 per child for registration.  That $200 covered one week of daycare.  At the time we were okay financially so I just had the daycare pool the money into my account so that when he returned and was looking for work we could still have the girls in daycare.  HTH.

sherwins.girl
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM

We are recruiting in ID.  I have it for my daughter right now.. They will pay like $240 a month.. So it cuts our payment in half.  I plan on adding our boys during the summer so I can go to school still. 

They don't give you the money. After you or the daycare submit your time card they send the daycare a check.  Then you are responsible for the rest. 

Jennyfurs27
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM
We're in ID too on I&I duty! I was curious about day care around here and that's good to know how much they cover here!

Quoting sherwins.girl:

We are recruiting in ID.  I have it for my daughter right now.. They will pay like $240 a month.. So it cuts our payment in half.  I plan on adding our boys during the summer so I can go to school still. 

They don't give you the money. After you or the daycare submit your time card they send the daycare a check.  Then you are responsible for the rest. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelsJez
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Do they determine the amount by paygrade or by where you're stationed?

velveretwhisper
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM
were in dc and used it. We are dual military e5s. They covered 500ish a month out of the 1200 a month tuition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberarend
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I am supposed to get $100/month but have yet to receive any help.  I started school back in August...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)