Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ahhh Thanksgiving :)

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 50 Replies

With the day looming:

Are you making dinner, or going somewhere else?

Have you started/finished the dreaded grocery shopping?

What's your favorite dish on the table?

What's your favorite thanksgiving recipe, if you have one!

by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sierracafe23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Im going to my sisters house. She invited a bunch of her and her DH's friends but no one can seem to get anything straight on who is bringing what. Everyone says they will just bring a pie. Which means my sis and I make everything else and I cannot afford to feed over 22 people. Im excited for the holiday I just wish we could figure out whats going on.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Check around for free turkeys and such. Around here a lot of the grocery stores will give you a free turkey if you buy the other stuff there.

Good luck! I will be cooking for about half that many people, but it's still not easy!!

Quoting sierracafe23:

Im going to my sisters house. She invited a bunch of her and her DH's friends but no one can seem to get anything straight on who is bringing what. Everyone says they will just bring a pie. Which means my sis and I make everything else and I cannot afford to feed over 22 people. Im excited for the holiday I just wish we could figure out whats going on.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:06 PM

You already know my answer :D

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:07 PM

And I still hate you, lucky bitch ;)

Quoting usmclife58:

You already know my answer :D

sierracafe23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Oh I wish I would have known that! We bought the turkeys already. I actually bought everything because I figured what I dont use for Thanksgiving I can use for Christmas. But I cannot afford to feed that many people and then buy a bunch of stuff next month either. We are trying to save because DS may not have very many presents this year.

Quoting USAFamily:

Check around for free turkeys and such. Around here a lot of the grocery stores will give you a free turkey if you buy the other stuff there.

Good luck! I will be cooking for about half that many people, but it's still not easy!!

Quoting sierracafe23:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I totally understand. Since you're still a week away, why not tell a few of the guests to bring a specific side? That way you can cut back on what you're spending/eating and cooking time!

Quoting sierracafe23:

Oh I wish I would have known that! We bought the turkeys already. I actually bought everything because I figured what I dont use for Thanksgiving I can use for Christmas. But I cannot afford to feed that many people and then buy a bunch of stuff next month either. We are trying to save because DS may not have very many presents this year.

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting sierracafe23:

mommyof2EO
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:26 PM
We're driving 14 hours to Ohio. We're using leave this year during thanksgiving since I can't travel one I hit 30 weeks in the pregnancy. Cutting it close. I'll be leaving the day after I hit 30 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coodychan
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I have to work...BLAH!  Totally sucks balls.  When I get home we're going out to dinner.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Boo for work!!!

(naturally, DH is usually called in EVERY Thanksgiving with out fail!!)

Quoting coodychan:

I have to work...BLAH!  Totally sucks balls.  When I get home we're going out to dinner.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Be safe, and mapquest every hospital on the way lol!

Quoting mommyof2EO:

We're driving 14 hours to Ohio. We're using leave this year during thanksgiving since I can't travel one I hit 30 weeks in the pregnancy. Cutting it close. I'll be leaving the day after I hit 30 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)