Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military by owner

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

Anyone use this site before to sell or rent your home? We have been dealing with a realtor for a long time but we're thinking about going at it on our own this way to rent it out. It is just not selling. Wondering if it will be worth it. Any experience?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktelizabeth814
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM

We never used it. WE tried to sell our home and had an awful realtor and got no where ! Idk if its the same thing *i dnt think it is* but we talked about using MILITARY MOVING STATION. Just go to militarymovingstation.com. Its free to you but the realtor has to agree to certain terms. Basically as it was explained to me is they have X amount of realtors in any given area whom they are in contract with. Those agents must report so many times to the movingstation rep and that rep will inform you of exactly whats going on. There are certain rules about how to list in and when/ where how long etc. I dealt w/ an agent from militarymovingstation many times but than we decided to just go ahead and rent it. We are considering trying again to sell next spring and if we do we will definetly be using them. Idk if this helps but maybe check it out see what ya think ! Oh also i think u get a discount on commission too

hobbitswife04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM

We never used to sell but we have used it to find a house to rent.

babowes
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Interesting! Thank you so much for that information. We know we definetely want to sell because we hate being right on top of our neighbors. When we moved in there were no houses nearby but that didn't last long. We have been considering renting though because we're having SUCH a hard time selling. We have an AWFUL realtor too :( I'm definetely going to check this out!

Quoting ktelizabeth814:

We never used it. WE tried to sell our home and had an awful realtor and got no where ! Idk if its the same thing *i dnt think it is* but we talked about using MILITARY MOVING STATION. Just go to militarymovingstation.com. Its free to you but the realtor has to agree to certain terms. Basically as it was explained to me is they have X amount of realtors in any given area whom they are in contract with. Those agents must report so many times to the movingstation rep and that rep will inform you of exactly whats going on. There are certain rules about how to list in and when/ where how long etc. I dealt w/ an agent from militarymovingstation many times but than we decided to just go ahead and rent it. We are considering trying again to sell next spring and if we do we will definetly be using them. Idk if this helps but maybe check it out see what ya think ! Oh also i think u get a discount on commission too

Navygurl76
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Do you have USAA? They have a program as well where they have realtor's that work specifically with military. I had a friend that used their service when he bought a house.

fammatthews4
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM

my neighbor sold her house using it. I know she got what she wanted for it and sold it pretty quickly.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM

BUMP!

KateKashman
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:21 AM

We have used it to rent out our house.  We also used AHRN (The Automated Housing Referral Network.)  AHRN is free.  We got about 25 contacts from MBO and about 2 contacts from AHRN.

You might find these articles helpful:

Why Your House Won't Sell (Or Rent)

A Resource for Renting

The market is terrible right now, especially in some locations.  Good luck to you!

SrkStrickland
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Yes we do! We love it :) Thanks for the tip!

Quoting Navygurl76:

Do you have USAA? They have a program as well where they have realtor's that work specifically with military. I had a friend that used their service when he bought a house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)