Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGGS???

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

So I need some more info about these.....

Should I buy the real ones?

What is the best OFF brand?

Where do you get the best deal on these?

With what can you wear them with?

Which color?  Style? Height?  Is In the coolest?

My feet are freezing and walking to school and playing at the park is not so fun with the kids!!!

THANKS ladies!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.B_2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:14 PM

don't get UGGS.. They're so expensive.. The skechers brand shoes are the same just not sheepskin and I have a pair of slip-ons that I wear everywhere! They also make boots.. But if you're a jeans and sweats type person like me I would suggest something low.. B/c whats the point of buying those nice expensive boots if no one will see them?! 

chandrakay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I live in Alaska currently and right now, at 1009am it is 22 degrees BELOW zero and snowing.

Needless to say, I've got some really super warm footwear because I walk my son to school since it's back behind the house.

I always wanted a pair of UGGS but honestly I was having a hard time wanting to spend the money on them. I also had a hard time deciding whether or not I was willing to sacrifice cost for quality and go with an off brand. 

What I ended up with, for stylish purposes, was a pair of Wicked Good Shearling boots from llBean. I got them as a gift for Christmas last year and when winter was done I was looking forward to this winter just so I could wear them again...

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61977?feat=506708-GN2

I found the classic tall UGG boots on the UGG website (in this funny gray color-I'm sure they have more available) for $180, but llBean also has some that look very similar to them and they are $129.

I chose llBean because I've always been very satisfied with both their product and customer service. - Just throwing them out there as an option since I don't know about any other brands. :)

Hopefully some others will have more input for you! Good luck!

ETA: The link for the llBean UGG style boots: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61974?feat=506708-GN2

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM
I have uggs. IMO they're worth the money. I had a pair for 4 years. I have the light tan ones, and I got these last winter. They're holding up well! We live at drum. The thing about UGG is they are better quality than off brand and are made for snow. They're easy to clean with the cleaning kit. I have had black ones but the salt up here made the color fade. I always get classic tall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.B_2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM

American Eagle also has some nice affordable boots on sale.. I'm just not a person that will pay a price with more than 2 numbers before the decimal on something to wear.. Probably why all my jeans are torn up :-P

Aqua_Jen
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM
I was told by an ugg salesman not to get them to wear up here. She said they wouldn't hold up as well as other brands. But I do see a lot of girls wearing them here...

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

I have uggs. IMO they're worth the money. I had a pair for 4 years. I have the light tan ones, and I got these last winter. They're holding up well! We live at drum. The thing about UGG is they are better quality than off brand and are made for snow. They're easy to clean with the cleaning kit. I have had black ones but the salt up here made the color fade. I always get classic tall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Mine have held up great for 2 winters here, and the ones before that lasted 4 winters...so who knows!

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I was told by an ugg salesman not to get them to wear up here. She said they wouldn't hold up as well as other brands. But I do see a lot of girls wearing them here...

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hobbitswife04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I got mine from Old Navy. I love them.

ecagle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I like Emu insides better than Uggs...both are from Australia...however, I do want another pair of uggs :|

-MsPsychology-
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I love Uggs. The the fake Uggs are great at first but often do not remain soft and last as long as real Uggs. So you end up buying more than one pair so they are not as cheap as they seem.

I did find a pair at Target for $25. They seemed great at the time but are already matted together and crushed down inside and it's only been 2 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)