Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

colleges

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 37 Replies

Does any one know which online colleges are military friendly?  Which ones the spouse education program will pay for?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamissy23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM

coastline community is very military friendsly. I havent personally gone there but I have heard great things...

bxbsmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I go to TUI University

JacobsGirl03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I've "heard" Kaplan is very military friendly and know a few people who are going through them and are very happy. Whatever you do, don't go for Westwood College online. They are absolutely awful. Hubby got screwed over by them, as have 3 of our friends. Sad part? The Navy recommends (or did) them and claims they are military friendly.

Jessibear2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

what about the university of pheonix,  i had been going through them before my financial aide was cut off so the people i was borrowing from could sue themselves (weird).  that was a little over a year ago, and i heard then that they wern't military friendly, but i can always hope they changed :P

JacobsGirl03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I know as of last year U of Phoenix was being sued and was no longer being "recommended". I don't know what for though. Good, legit online colleges that aren't 5 times the normal college price are really tough to find.

Jessibear2010
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM

i think that is the same for all colleges that do any type of distance learning, not just online :P  i know adams state university out of alamosa colorado, their distance learning was shut down after a law suit.

katiebuggs2003
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM

most colleges in communities offer distance learning classes. I would start there. I know where i am most of my basic courses needed to apply for my program are offered online. I don't have to leave my home if i didn't want to but i like being IN a classroom.

PJmom1226
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Please be sure to check if the university is accredited....I've seen folks pay $$ to get a degree at an unaccredited school, so their diploma is worthless

kyliemaynard
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

i go to ashford online they have a whole military section that i deal with i used the MyCaa with that school as well.

thenguyenclan
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM

be careful with MyCAA because if your DH is E-6 you won't qualify...but I would reccommend Coastline Community my DH has taken 2 classes with them and they are really easy and very military friendly ^_^ 

I am thinking about getting a degree from them whenever my kids are in school :-)  or rather I would hope to get a degree from them when we can afford it ^_^  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)