Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anybody trying to get out of the military? piog

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey guys! I just enlisted today. They said I can get promoted if I give them a referral- somebody who wants to join, somebody who wants to go from active to reserves, or somebody who wants to switch to another branch. If you know anybody who is serious about this, I would love the opportunity to have my name as their referral (anytime before May) so I can be promoted to e3 before going to BCT. Thanks for looking!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmiesmommy1113
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Well, my sister is reserves but she's not looking to go active. And DH's enlistment isn't up until 2013. So, no I don't anybody right now. Sorry. Hope you find somebody to join/switch over.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Do you mean get "in" the military? :)

I am not interested, but I wish you luck finding someone!

sierracafe23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Goodluck. The recruiter told both my DH and BIL that and neither one of them got anything special, not even moved to E3. It was a bummer. But hopefully yours will do it.

SierraLynn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

My best friends husband is joining the Air Force...  I would love to get back in the army, DH wouldn't go for it though. sorry.

spcjones203
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Sorry, I'm out for good and hubby won't let me go back in unless, Goddess forbid, something happens.

SierraLynn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Mine wont let me unless I go officer... I keep telling him no, If I wanted to be an officer, I would have done it the first time around... haha.

Quoting spcjones203:

Sorry, I'm out for good and hubby won't let me go back in unless, Goddess forbid, something happens.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

♥Proud Army Wife♥ & ♥Mommy to Madison!♥

KBM99
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Where are you going in May(are you aloud to post that on CM)?? My DH goes to basic the end of May he was going to be leaving the end of March but he had to switch MOS so it moved :( I was ready for it to be over and done with lol.. He swore in Yesterday.. I remember you posting on one of my angry post yesterday lol..

KBM99
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM

BTW how are you already an E2? JW..

NavyWifey122305
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM

nope sorry.... but they told my husband that to and it didnt happen. He did make E3 though but not for that. Just for the things he did while in bootcamp.

tarinah
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM

you can get E2 and E3 by bringing in a referrel to join and completing  the basic training task list.  Every single enlistee in the army has these options!

Quoting KBM99:

BTW how are you already an E2? JW..

Im a 31 year old army wife and proud SAHM mom. I am a cloth diapering, selective vaccinating, non-circumsizing, extended breastfeeding, and ERF kind of mama to Colton 2 and Sierra 4. I do what is best for MY children!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)