Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DADT is being voted on right now.. on CNN.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

They are waiting to see if they are going to get the 60 votes needed to repeal the policy.

UPDATE:

57-40

Vote didn't go through.

armyfeeding babytoddler girltoddler boy

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkly3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I'm sure we'll hear it on here for weeks to come no matter how the vote goes.

xxlilmomma09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I'm glad to see they are finally voting on it.

Quoting Sparkly3:

I'm sure we'll hear it on here for weeks to come no matter how the vote goes.

armyfeeding babytoddler girltoddler boy

mamamissy23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:20 PM

that was pretty close...maybe next time

amberarend
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I am against the repeal of DADT.  I know, I am a terrible person who is clearly homophobic.  :)  They are no where near being able to repeal DADT.  There are too many issues that need to be worked out first.  And even then, I don't think it should be repealed. 

asaffell
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Ridiculous. The American people want it gone by a majority and Congress obviously is ignoring the will of the people.

amberarend
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I don't think the American people should have a say when it comes to military matters...

ecagle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Our troops work fine with the Brits and Israeli's who don't have DADT...they have no issues working with "gay soldiers".  The Brits, who were very worried about "possible issues" when they repealed their law were suprised that NONE occurred.  The transition went smoothly.

There is no proof that repealing DADT would result in some apocalyptical failure of the US Army or that those in the military would have a HORRID time reacting.  If anything, how smoothly it went in other countries should tell us that it would probably go just as well here.  Our spouses are in the military to do a JOB, not worry about who is sleeping with who.

ecagle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Quoting amberarend:

I don't think the American people should have a say when it comes to military matters...

I personally have been in the military and my husband has been in for almost 10 years.  We KNEW who was gay or lesbian without asking and NO ONE in the unit had issues.  Every soldier we KNOW has no issues with DADT being repealed.

Honestly, only people who don't understand the military life or have a very limited exposure would feel that having DADT would have negative effect.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I had a feeling it would not pass this time.

Brianav
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM
No surprise there *shrug*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)