Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just be quiet

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Seriously.  I am so sick of hubby saying such insensitive crap to me.  You are deployed, so don't try to tell me how to parent.  Do I try to tell you how to handle your deployment??? No.  So if you have nothing productive or supportive to say, just be quiet.  Chances are that is the most helpful thing you can do.  Ugh.  I am so mad at him right now.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hobbitswife04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Sometimes I think its their way of feeling like a parent while they are gone. I used to just ignore him when he said crap like that.

amberarend
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Yeah, I have tried to ignore him but I can only do it for so long.  I'm like you're not here, so don't pretend to know what my day to day life is.  I don't pretend to understand the stress he deals with.  I just listen and try to offer supportive advice if I can.  If not, I keep my mouth shut.  There have been plenty of time where I wanted to tell him to quit being a baby, but what good would that have done??  So I keep it to myself.  Ahhhhh  I am just annoyed.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM
I'm sorry. Not much else I can say. I know how it feels. My husband is home now and still being a jerk. He forgot about bringing the car to me today....I haven't left the house since Monday. I was excited to go get a new car battery.

When my husband was rude or insensitive to me during his deployment, we didn't talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamissy23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM

lol my hubby tried to yell at the kids once through skype...well actually just our son our dd was too little. But I was like you are on the other side of the world like hes going to listen to you lol...

babowes
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Funny

Quoting mamamissy23:

lol my hubby tried to yell at the kids once through skype...well actually just our son our dd was too little. But I was like you are on the other side of the world like hes going to listen to you lol...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I'm sorry :(

themacs4
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM

:(  I hope it gets better!

hobbitswife04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

BUMP!

violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

BUMP!

mom4aaa
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM

did you tell him everything u just said? i think u should!!.........but remember they wont to hug and kiss on the kids and not see them punished ext because there gone and miss them then at the same time if your stressed they say the opposite the dont see into reality cause they dont get to be there!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)