Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fine -- we'll take it to a debate post so as not to hurt anyone's feelings

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
  • 1052 Replies

Alright, I'm sure we all know there's a s**t-stirring post on here... I'd like to know why people who have dhs who deploy are supposed to suck it down and not make others feel "bad" because they don't.

so, let's bring it all here. i can take the heat and i won't delete this post. but, the time has come to get this one out in the open and over with.

oh, and let's throw in that "which branch has it harder" crap too.

vent away. cookies will be awarded to the biggest bitch.

if there's another issue similar to these, bring it on too. if we're here to support one another, that's through good and bad, honestly, without any smoke up the ass.

by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I don't even know where to begin.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Okay

I think it is safer to be stateside than deployed to a combat zone. A real honest to goodness deployment where your family can't come visit you.

SarahJean70
by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Come on. People. Bring it.

The bitchfest is open for business.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I think comparing driving done as a recruiter to being in a war zone is ridiculous.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Apparently I am the only bitch here.

SB2217
by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I think some people get lucky not to be deployed. And that's fine, good for them I guess. I dont think they are less soldiers because of it.

But my DH deployed. A whole freakin year in a combat zone! He was away from his family with real risk of being injured or worse. I dont go around mopping or telling everyone what DH did, but when people come and tell me their DHs went to so and so for 3 months, were inside a building the whole time and whatever. Yeah its hard but c'mon! ITS NO THE SAME FREAKIN THING! 

ltucutie

Ok, here goes my b***h fest.  My husband is re-enlisting in the army and everyone keeps telling me to suck it up that he has to leave for training.  They keep trying to tell me that if I can't handle him leaving for training then how will I handle him being deployed?  Well, I'm sorry that this is the first time that I will ever be away from my husband for more than one working day!!  Plus, this is the first time that I have to try to explain to our 4 year old why daddy isn't coming home each day!!  I wish people would just lay off of me and give me some time to adjust.  It is a lot to take in and it doesn't happen overnight.  I just get frustrated because people talk out of their a**.  None of these people even have family in the military.  It is really starting to p**s me off!

Well, there is my venting for the day.  I feel so much better.  Thank you for listening.

Lindsay Rossi
Mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy and a little angel that spent 4 1/2 beautiful months with us here on earth before joining God.angel mini

1stCavWife

I guess I missed something... someone fill me in.....??

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

I also think, no I know, that I have some of the bravest friends in the world. Who have gone through so much more than some of you can imagine and still have so much more to go through and don't bitch about any of it. Things that some people on here fail to believe actually happen for one reason or another and it irritates the piss out of me. Bitching that your husband has to work past five while people sit at Walter Reed not knowing if their loved one will ever come home with them, while people sit at Arlington and cling to headstones in grief and yet some people here compare recruiting duty to combat deployments.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this

The USMC is THE best branch. Ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)