Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fine -- we'll take it to a debate post so as not to hurt anyone's feelings

Posted by   + Show Post

Alright, I'm sure we all know there's a s**t-stirring post on here... I'd like to know why people who have dhs who deploy are supposed to suck it down and not make others feel "bad" because they don't.

so, let's bring it all here. i can take the heat and i won't delete this post. but, the time has come to get this one out in the open and over with.

oh, and let's throw in that "which branch has it harder" crap too.

vent away. cookies will be awarded to the biggest bitch.

if there's another issue similar to these, bring it on too. if we're here to support one another, that's through good and bad, honestly, without any smoke up the ass.

by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Replies (1001-1010):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
+1 mutha effer!!!!

Quoting jas_momof2:

1000!!! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaEST.99
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I have an issue with soldiers in the Reserve/Guard (and not all do this)  who have a small medical problem after coming home from deployment and stay on Active Duty orders while living at home and just going to their medical appointments.  And I'm talking for years.  I know there are legit medical problems but there are also some fraudulent claims and they are getting the same Active duty pay while staying home everyday with their families.       **** No disrespect to soldier with real medical issues****

A5J
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

10 yrs in the AF, the majority of it going TDY, and darn near 20 married to the Army.  I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that it is all hard, and there are times when we all need to complain a little (or a lot).  However, we are married to men in the military. deployments do happen.  They have no choice, so it it is up to us to make it as easy as possible.  The problem is that there are 3 stages to every single separation; the tension before the deployment, the stress of being the "only" during the deplloyment, and then the readjustment to a "Normal" family when they return.  It doesn't matter if the deployment is 2 days or 2 years.  We all go through these.  I have been blessed to have a husband who has not been sent to war.  He wants to go, and always has.  As luck would have it, he has been called to other things.  I have listened to complainers for the past 30 years, and while I agree that it is important to be able to let off steam, allowing that to be the focus of our lives, relationships and marriages will only weaken everything.  Vent if you must, but please don't let it ruin the joy we have in our families, or color the pride we have in our men.

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Ummm... My DH has been in 7 years now, only deployed once for 3 months with SF and it was horribly hard for me. I couldn;t imagine those wives who deal with constant deployments! HUGS ladies <3

My Dh is Army, and I like it althoug Marines have much sexier dress uniforms. I think Navy men look gay ( although it might be the whole YMCA thing) LMAO, Airforce would be cool, but they do get away and off much easier IMO. I respect all branches and men and women in all areas, just thought I would jump in ! Happy Holidays Ladies! HOOAH

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I re-read all of this post and most of it is far more funny today. We are some crazy bitches, but life would be boring without a little crazy.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Seriously. Reading back to like, page 69... We are some funny ass, crazy bitches.

I really love you girls.

Quoting violinjewel:

Lol!

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I wish I could remember what set me off enough to start this post.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.  Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you
are inevitably ruined - Patrick Henry

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Hi! Haven't seen you in awhile!

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

I re-read all of this post and most of it is far more funny today. We are some crazy bitches, but life would be boring without a little crazy.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Seriously. Reading back to like, page 69... We are some funny ass, crazy bitches.

I really love you girls.

Quoting violinjewel:

Lol!

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I wish I could remember what set me off enough to start this post.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:26 AM

It has been awhile. Missed the banter though. Lol. How have you been?

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Ok. Been busy, got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sleep deprivation. Trying to deal with that, and keep up with life. How are you?

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Ugh. I have fibro on top of my MS. It really sucks? Do they have you on anything for it? My MS has been really back and forth lately and I am having other health issues but it is what it is. I am just tired of doctors and med changes.

My husband is in the Q course right now, so things are different than normal. He is learning French right now and he asks me to review his vocab and changes his mind because I say everything with a Spanish accent. Oops. He likes it though and that is all that matters. My youngest turned six last month so I am feeling old.

Other than that nothing much is going on. I am sorry you have fibro and you can't get regular sleep. Hopefully they can figure something out that will help you.

Quoting violinjewel:

Ok. Been busy, got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and sleep deprivation. Trying to deal with that, and keep up with life. How are you?

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

“Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared,
or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be
both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone
compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in
being loved.”

violinjewel
by Julia on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
They currently have me on Cymbalta for the fibro, and Amitripyline to help me sleep. They also still have me go to physical therapy. I'm hoping they start working soon, I'm on my second month of both.

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Ugh. I have fibro on top of my MS. It really sucks? Do they have you on anything for it? My MS has been really back and forth lately and I am having other health issues but it is what it is. I am just tired of doctors and med changes.

My husband is in the Q course right now, so things are different than normal. He is learning French right now and he asks me to review his vocab and changes his mind because I say everything with a Spanish accent. Oops. He likes it though and that is all that matters. My youngest turned six last month so I am feeling old.

Other than that nothing much is going on. I am sorry you have fibro and you can't get regular sleep. Hopefully they can figure something out that will help you.

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN