Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fine -- we'll take it to a debate post so as not to hurt anyone's feelings

Posted by   + Show Post

Alright, I'm sure we all know there's a s**t-stirring post on here... I'd like to know why people who have dhs who deploy are supposed to suck it down and not make others feel "bad" because they don't.

so, let's bring it all here. i can take the heat and i won't delete this post. but, the time has come to get this one out in the open and over with.

oh, and let's throw in that "which branch has it harder" crap too.

vent away. cookies will be awarded to the biggest bitch.

if there's another issue similar to these, bring it on too. if we're here to support one another, that's through good and bad, honestly, without any smoke up the ass.

by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I am sure yours are better than mine. If you ever want to test drive your theory I have three little hellions you can borrow.

Quoting usmclife58:

In all seriousness:

I am a whiner. I admit it. But I try to be careful about it because there are SO many people that have it worse than I do. I truly believe that I have been a little too blessed; like Someone has lost count of all the good things in my life.

Until this last few months, my husband has been gone more than he has been home (it is about equal now). But at least he came home. He has a spot of PTSD, but it is not debilitating. I am able to stay at home with my daughters. We have many material things. I complain that my husband's job sometimes screws him over, but at least he has a job and we do not have to worry about feeding our children. And, if nothing else, I have the best children in the entire world. I don't think anyone would ever be able to convince me otherwise.

SB2217
by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a HUGE fight with my SIL because I posted one time right after DH got back from deployment of FB about how proud I was of my hubby for all he had done while being deployed. She said I was "showing off". Are you freakin kidding me?!?!!? Showing off? Well, im sorry if Im damn proud of my husband for putting his life at risk for people like you! Is that a bad thing to say? That im proud of my husband? God I hate her! ugh!!! 

Quoting SarahJean70:

Ok, I'm tired of feeling guilty BECAUSE my husband deploys.

God forbid, I hurt someone's feelings because my husband has put his life on the line who knows how many times.

Oh, now I'm bragging. Yes, next, I'll post a pic of all his medals.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Yes!

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

LAT movers KICK ASS!  :D

Quoting usmclife58:

No, scratch that. He is THE best military member. Ever.

Photobucket

amberdy

God created Rangers because the Marines needed someone to look up to.  Just sayin', LOL.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Oorah!

Quoting SarahJean70:

Marines Kick Ass.

And, they have pretty uniforms.

Quoting KimberlyDoll:

I have to agree. Although I do hate it for making my husband go to Afghanistan for 13 months

Quoting usmclife58:

The USMC is THE best branch. Ever.

Photobucket

musicmomma_89

I am married to a Navy sailor, but when we were growing up my step dad was in the National Guard. He got deployed for 2 years with no break to come home during the whole thing. One day my mom got a call that my step dads unit got bombed and they weren't able to get there to see who was still alive. We didn't find out for 3 days that my step dad was one of the few that survived. I feel sad and get stressed when I don't hear from my husband, but through it all I will never be able to forget being 13 years old and holding my mom as she wept.

When my husband wanted to join he was talking to the Marines. I told him there was no way in hell I could go through that so we compromised on the Navy because it was considered one of the least dangerous branches. I know there are dangerous jobs in the Navy too, but I will never think that my husband going out on a ship is the same as some one who stands on the front line.

SarahJean70
by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm tired of people who think they know everything about every aspect of the military. I don't know shit about Navy, Coast Guard or Marines and I don't know much about the Army outside of my dh's mos. I wouldn't dream of assuming I know the entirety of what another faces

I'm also fed up with people saying "combat" is over -- fuck that shit.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I think this was exactly the point. It was my point but people fail to see that.

Quoting asaffell:

Everyone can complain and vent. The problem is trying to compare safety  and hardship when it's just not a valid comparison. My husband is deployed to a combat zone. He's not as safe as he is in Southern California. However, he also is safer in his job than guys in SF or the grunts who are at FOBs taking direct fire constantly.

I can vent that my husband is gone. I can vent that I didn't hear from him while he was outside the wire. I can vent about anything, but it would be DUMB to try and compare what he's facing to what other wives face while their husbands are in seriously scary ass situations.

Maddies_mom101
by on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM

big green weenie  (thats my favorite USMC term LOL )

Quoting asaffell:

RAH

Quoting usmclife58:

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM

YES!!

Quoting asaffell:

RAH

Quoting usmclife58:

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)