Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know...PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM
  • 16 Replies

So finally, all the MEB crap is coming to a close.  YAY!  However, now a bit of panic is setting in.  We're just waiting around for Shane's retirement date to get things really moving.  We have a pretty good plan in place for once we move and getting everything there...mostly.  Since he is retiring, he will get his permissive 30 day TDY.  Our best guess is that we will be leaving here sometime towards the end of July once orders are cut and his outprocessing is done.  Here's the problem.

I'm due with Natalie towards the end of April, first week of May.  Since we are overseas we will have to wait for her birth certificate and passport.  They loose EVERYTHING here.  So pretty much once I wait for her birth certificate it will be mid-end of May, then I have to wait of her passport which is a PITA to get here.  Shane wants to leave me here with Doodle, Natalie (newborn) and the dogs!!!  If he goes back on his TDY, he can't come back to help me get back to the States?!  Is that right?  Panic is setting in.  He said he can maybe take the dogs with him, but he's not sure he wants to.  What the hell am I suppose to do?  What if something goes horribly wrong on my end?  Do I have to deal with all the housing out stuff on my own?  How am I suppose to deal with all that and send the car off on my own?  I have NO one here.  My two friend have already PCSd and his squadron, even 6mo out have pretty much started in with the whole "well you're done so you're not our problem anymore."  I hate international flights in the first place, I'm not looking forward to doing this alone with a toddler, baby and two dogs.  :/  Can he really not come back to help me move back?

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BBPbyHolli
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Why, exactly, does he need to leave you alone with all the responsibilities?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saduncan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:25 AM

He's taking his 30day tdy to finalize the stuff for our house and find a car before we get there.  I had been under the impression that he would be taking that and his leave and we would be able to go with him, I guess I missed the fact that it would be a tdy with him going ahead since I won't have all of Natalie's paperwork yet.

Kristi483
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:22 AM

I have no idea but good luck.

When we were in Sigonella it took us FOREVER to get my son's passport, birth certificate etc (He was almost a year old) but everything went smoothly with our daughters so hopefully you won't have any issues like that.   And i hope that he can come back to help you .  That would be alot to deal with on your own.  It was alot to deal with when we moved from Italy back to the states with 2 people so I can't imagine doing it by myself with a newborn

Vantrice
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Um, I don't know... But if DH tried to do that to me, I'd be kinda pissed. lol    I know his reasonings sound legit and all, but that's putting a LOT on you to do!  I think what you would have to do would be a lot more stressful than what he's going back to the states to do.  JMO

saduncan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Thanks ladies.  I've pretty much been a wreck about it all day.  Pregnancy horomones don't help either.  lol  I'm hoping that his shirt of his buddy that's retiring also can answer a lot of questions for us.  Right now we're kind of in no man's land with no answers and running short of time!

amberdy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM
I'm not sure what I would do. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM

If you need a passport very quickly, call the consulate. They were able to get me a temporary one to get Abigail home quickly. Anyway, he can't leave a duty station without clearing. He can't clear if you are still in housing. So, bottom line, unless he expects you to clear for him (which is ridiculous) then he will have to return. No reason he wouldn't be able to, military wise.

thenguyenclan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Quoting Vantrice:

Um, I don't know... But if DH tried to do that to me, I'd be kinda pissed. lol    I know his reasonings sound legit and all, but that's putting a LOT on you to do!  I think what you would have to do would be a lot more stressful than what he's going back to the states to do.  JMO

saduncan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Quoting armywife1229:

If you need a passport very quickly, call the consulate. They were able to get me a temporary one to get Abigail home quickly. Anyway, he can't leave a duty station without clearing. He can't clear if you are still in housing. So, bottom line, unless he expects you to clear for him (which is ridiculous) then he will have to return. No reason he wouldn't be able to, military wise.

Thank you!  That makes me feel much better and I will have him ask around how that works.  I am considering just ordering a regular passport and expiditing it once Natalie gets here.  The base has a nack for losing the paperwork for no fees all the time.  I don't know anyone that has gotten theirs back in less than 8 weeks.  It's a nightmare here!  

"Great. So you've fallen in love again. Go wash yourself off. Dirty stuff." --STM

bubbasmom0917
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

sorry but leaving another country is hard in itself, but with a baby and dogs is worse. you tell that man to stay his ass there with you. i so don't go for stupid stuff like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)