Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you PCS...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:27 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Dity or have the movers do it for you?

Options:

Dity

Movers

Partial Dity

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 60

View Results

Dh doesn't want to do a dity move, but I don't want people moving our stuff for us. Wondering what the majority do. Tia! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Shredding my ass off with Jillian's 30 Day Shred! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbasmom0917
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM

we have done both...and we prefer it to be moved.

Vandyswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Dity. we will ALWAYS do a dity move. we have known WAY too many people to get things broken, lost, or stolen. PLUS we just did a Dity move from Oklahoma to North Carolina, and in the end we profitted OVER 6,000...

Kristi483
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Movers.  It's too much work with 4 kids to DITY

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Quoting Vandyswife:

Dity. we will ALWAYS do a dity move. we have known WAY too many people to get things broken, lost, or stolen. PLUS we just did a Dity move from Oklahoma to North Carolina, and in the end we profitted OVER 6,000...

This is what I would do if you can. We moved overseas and had to be moved though...I can't find my bathroom scale but that's about it. Our movers were really good but the ones we had bringing our stuff in were just okay.

Pishyah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM

We're not interested in all the word and effort it would take us to do it ourselves so we had them do it.  Several things were broken when we got it back.

SierraLynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I think I could not handel the stress of moving ourselves.. Plus with the TMO changes you wont get back nearly as much anymore, just enough to break even, maybe. it just doesnt seem worth it anymore.

oragami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM

We use the movers. Our last PCS, the movers broke and lost a lot of our belongings. But we were pscing from AL to NY and we had 3 cars. I would like to move ourselves but I think the stress would be way too much for me.

peanuts2804
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:10 AM
I prefer movers my husband prefers dity because of the money. The only thing that has ever gotten broken was one picture frame and a plate and nothing has ever gone missing. I'm also the one that has lunch and refreshments sitting there while I'm video taping them. Because of all the theft I've heard of. As of right now my husband is on the movers wagon less stress all we have to make sure is to get us to the new place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM

We have always done movers, and I prefer the movers!!  I would rather them brak down my furniture,pack and move my stuff. I personally think a DITY moves is too much stress.

barnwell84
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM

We've done one of each and from now on (even though we are out) I will still have movers pack & move us.  That's ALOT of work and we don't like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)