Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get hair done? Tan? Nails? Facials? How often?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  • 89 Replies

My hubby doesn't think I spend enough on myself. I am SUPER frugal and have to be but I hear alot lately that I should start pampering myself more. I'm preggo so I can't tan and mystics are 35 each! That's pricy! Do you get nails done? Hair? Tan? Facial? etc etc etc How often and what do you spend? Do you have it budgeted into your budget or do you just spend it?

Full Time  Mama of Ella 4 yrs and Garrett 05/16/2005-09/28/2008  and due with our baby boy soon, Wife of Trace my Army MP.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity_29
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I started pampering myself again. I try to go every two weeks. I get my hair done and eye brows waxed. I am about to start getting my pedi's again.

jigsaw ribbonyellow ribbon

xxxAthena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM

i dont tan anymore...i had to get used to the pale skin BUT in the long run i will look better for it. Nails i get painted but no artificial since my nails are strong and i get that done every two weeks. facials i do myself...some exfoliating face wash and a mechanical toothbrush and i do this every other night. Hair is just a cut about once every 2months..i straighten it everyday though. My BIG pamper is actually the gym honestly. i go to the gym every day for an hour and hit up the sauna for 15 minutes afterwards. all the tanning, nails and hair in the world wont make me feel any better about myself if im not happy with my body KWIM

tarinah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM

i cant waste the money on myself, everytime i try to talk myself into i think to myself well there goes 50 bucks i could have put into savings.   I need to but i just cant do it~

KWnavywife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

My husband is good about pampering me. I tan a couple times a week and get a mani pedi once a month.I only get my hair done like twice a year but that's because my stylist is back home and I refuse to go to any one else.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I get a facial at least once month and  I only get a pedicure in the warmer months. The only thing I do to my hair is get it trimmed every few months..no color, highlights etc. 

No, we don't have it budgeted in. 

Soniam301
by Sonia on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

My big slurge is my hair. I have curly hair and I am super picky about who cuts it. I am a licenced Nail Tech so I just can't see paying someone else to do my nails when I know ho, although I do love a pedicure from someone else every now and then.

If you don't like to get acrylic nails but think manicures are a waste of money because the polish doesn't stay on very long, I highly recommend a Shellac manicure. It is a gel polish that doesn't damage your nail but stays on for weeks!

USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I don't do any of it... I get my hair cut 2-3 times a year and everything else I do at home myself (wax my brows, dye my hair, ect.)

MommyForLife22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM

i love my real nails done and my hair allllll the time!!! but cant afford it.

mtsmom1986
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
I don't tan, I have real fair skin and a family history of skin cancer. I don't do the makeup thing, ever. I'd like to get my nails done once in a while but I work in a restaraunt so I don't. I only trim my hair about every 6 months (compromise with my husband, I hate having long hair, so I promised DH I would keep it long unless he pisses me off bad enough OR gets deployed long enough to grow back...) And I am learning how to tweeze my eyebrows properly so I just do that myself. But when I get the opportunity, I am ALL about massages. Love those :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I am VERY frugal as well and I would much rather spend money on DD ...I have a horrible problem with the disney store haha ..Im always on their website ordering for her.

But I recently got my hair cut and lowlights in it and my eyebrows waxed..mind you this was all paid for with a gift card I got for christmas. I havent decided yet if I will keep it up..the lady made me another appt. for 8 weeks out. Im not sure if I will keep it or cancel...But in all honesty I really enjoyed it, it was so nice to have a few hours to do something for just me! lol And I would LOVE a facial..my skin could use one haha but I hate to spend the money so I try to do everything at home myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)