Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

b*%ch fest

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

my kids are testing me!! I am so tired of their crap. I love them they are the cutest kids in the world and the best snuggle bunnies when they want to be but I wanna run up to them and scream in their face that its not my fault that daddy is gone so get off my case. At 3 and 4 I think that would be counter productive. So I have a point with this rant. When your kids are that old how do you make them understand that it isn't your fault and that we can't just jump on a plane and fly to korea to be with daddy. I mean their behavior is out of control more than normal my four year old even smacked me and said that I stole her daddy because when we were talking skype cut off and I couldn't get him back online until later that day. So instead I end up rewarding them for their behavior and giving in so I can have 5 seconds of peace and make my babies feel better because I know they are upset he's gone and they don't understand but really WTF lol. He's only been gone for 2 weeks and it feels like eternity already. 

armytoddler boyblowing bubblesyellow ribbon

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Lock them in the closet! That's what I do ;)

((hugs))

isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

as long as I give them cheerios and water its not neglect right

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Exactly!

oragami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM

LOL!!!!!

Quoting isabeesmomma:

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

Vantrice
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Quoting isabeesmomma:

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

LOL!!!

jodyann2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM
honestly u have to be strict with them and stick to it. stop that behavior now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaysMommy19
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this. Have your husband talk to them next time he can. Maybe they'll feel better hearing it from him that it's not mommy's fault and that they need to be good for you. 

I'm sure it's stressful and I know you want peace for just a moment, but the last thing you might not want to do is give in. If my daughter smacked me, she would be in for it. She needs to know what she did was wrong. Take away her favorite toy, put her in time out. 

Maybe you can work together so they can feel apart of his homecoming. Make a calendar and everyday have one of the children cross off a day. 

When my husband left, my daughter was a little out of control at first. Since, it's only been a couple weeks you need to keep that in mind. At that time, my daughter really wanted this toy. I grabbed a piece of paper and drew 15 circles. In the circles I would draw a happy face if she was good that day, or a sad face if she was bad. She was to get at least 10 happy faces at the end of the 15 days in order to get her toy. She still had her bad days, but she had 12 good days so she got her toy. I let her be apart of it, so if she was good, i'd let her draw her happy face on the circle. Just an idea...

Is there any friends or family around you? Maybe you can offer a child swap with one of your friends? This is what I do. My friend is a stay at home mom as well, and both of us need our time to recoup, so I'll watch her children one day so she can have a day of peace, and she'll watch my girl one day so I can run errands and grab a coffee and read a book. 

KimmyShaw
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM

and the door jars are considered air holes so you should be fine! ;P

I couldnt imagine doing it with 2, I went nuts with just my 3 DD this last deployment. Good luck!

Quoting isabeesmomma:

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

they drive me crazy but I love them. It was a little easier last time since they were so much younger ds was 3 weeks old when he left and dd was almost 2. They were ok with whatever. It was harder for me in theory because they were so little and I had to do everything and deal with a newborn and it was Iraq not Korea but each deployment/tour has its own challenges and I am finding this time having the kids to deal with and no back up is going to be my biggest challenge. 

Quoting KimmyShaw:

and the door jars are considered air holes so you should be fine! ;P

I couldnt imagine doing it with 2, I went nuts with just my 3 DD this last deployment. Good luck!

Quoting isabeesmomma:

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

armytoddler boyblowing bubblesyellow ribbon

babowes
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Try to skype while they are asleep sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)