Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good news...right?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • 27 Replies

So I dont know how many of you read about how my husband decided (after Afganistan) that our marriage is over. That he wasn't in love anymore and wanted to end it....

Well I got a call from him today and he was apologizing a lot and he said that he talked to his therapist and realized how wrong he was for saying the things he said and making such a huge decision on his own. He said that he wants to work things out and the first step is for us all to be together again.

I told him I'd move to Washington with him (his new duty station as of the beginning of April) because I want him to be with his children, but it's going to be a lot of work and he's really going to have to prove to me that he wants this because after how much he hurt me its going to take a lot to trust him again and I'm not one to let my guard down easily.

This is a good thing right? Or...it WILL be....

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I think it could be a great thing. I hope things work out for you. Good luck!!

mama2drakeNabby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

It could be a great thing!  Good luck to you all!

Frantic4Mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I think you wanting to work with him on this, shows its a good thing. Sometimes things like this has to happen, to to make the people in the relationship relize how much the relationship and spouse mean to them. There will be alot of work, but yall have to sit down and tell eachother what yall expect of eachother, and what you will not tolerate from the other in the relationship, or as a person. But him going to counceling is a huge step! maybe yall can start going togather. Just try and take things slow, and remember things will never be the same as they were, they will either be better, or worse. But just with the steps yall have taken already, I think yall can ake it, if both of you realy want too. Good luck, you are more then welcome to message me any time to vent or what not if you need too =)

mamamissy23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

This is a very good thing! You guys should go on one of the CREDO retreats together, just gotta find someone to keep the kiddos for the weekend.

asaffell
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Always a good thing. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vantrice
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Definately a step in the right direction.  Good luck!  I hope it all works out well for you.  : )

Maddies_mom101
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM

BUMP!

bailey_rc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM

My DH did the same thing while deployed(4 years ago)... Im happy to say we just celebrated 12 years married and still going strong

babowes
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Great news.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

because of the progression of our relationship and our marriage we had a lot of issues after a deployment and much more. To make an extremely long story short we are much better for everything that we went through. My only advice is to take things slow but remember even though you had rough times if you forgive, once you decide you are going to forgive them you have to let things go and move on. You may never forget and you must learn from that but you have to move on. We have learned a lot about ourselves and each other and most importantly we learned a lot about how to communicate with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)