Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When hes home...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 14 Replies
My DH is deployed and we just had our first baby together in dec and he's won't be him in aug I feel so bad him and her bc she won't know who her daddy is when he comes home and he won't be here to watch her grow...I email him pics of her we video chat so he can see how big shes getting but idk how to comfort him when hes home and she doesn't want to go with him how did u guys deal with it and make ur DH feel better bc it's not their faults their gone.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
My youngest was born when my dh was in Korea. I know it was hard on him. Pictures help, talking, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya_D
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I don't quite understand your post. It doesn't make any sense. Sorry.

amberdy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Oh and my dh never saw our dd until she was 7 months old. She has been a daddy's girl since. She went right to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo1227
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM
I understand how you feel. My DD was born at the end of November. DH left at the beginning of January for BCT/AIT. So no video chats nothing. Then when he gets home, 3 weeks later he is deploying. He won't be home until she is close to being 2. I wish I had answers or how to make it easier butthe same thoughts are going through my head...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

My son was born just two months after my husband deployed. we had talked before about what would be easier so to speak  is in missing in his life and having him miss the first 4 months of his life and come home to see the milestones of walking and talking. We were both afraid that DS would cry the moment DH picked him up  the night he got home, ds didn't , it was like he knew exactly who he was

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

DS was born while DH was gone, and was 6 months when he came home.  You just do what you can to keep him updated on everything that's going on, even the little trivial things,  and lots and lots of pictures!  It only took ds a few weeks to get used to daddy being home.  Kids that young tend to adjust pretty easily.  Good luck!

skinnymama86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Quoting Tanya_D:

I don't quite understand your post. It doesn't make any sense. Sorry.

Lol sorry when I say it in my head for some reason a diff word comes out and my dumb phone too puts the wrong word
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Oh and there's actually books for deployed dads.  My dh enjoyed reading books about what ds should be going through as far as milestones go. When we'd talk he'd always ask if ds was on track with all of the milestones he had read about.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

((hugs))

DH watch our first grow up in pictures. And the two of them have a great relationship. It is not so much about the time he is gone, it is what he does when he is home :)

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

My daughter turned 1 right before my husband left for OSUT. When he came to visit almost 6 months later she wouldn't go to him at first. She wanted my dad, her papa. It broke my heart because I could tell it was breaking his heart as well. After about 3 hours she warmed up to him.

Just continue to do what you are doing. Pictures, video chats, etc. It might take a while for them to reconnect but it will happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)