Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it ever end?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been married to a soldier for a while and I am wondering why we are all the sudden in this rut of home 1 year then deploy a year or more?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

It is just the way it goes. It sucks but it is what it is. Just try to cherish the one year home.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

My husband has been on a 6 month rotation. He has been gone more than he has been home until recently. He has been home for almost a year, and we are both getting stir crazy. We are so used to him being gone, it is kinda weird spending all this time together, lol!

armywife1229
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I don't know, but like Courtney said, cherish the time you have and stay busy when he's gone. Hopefully it will get better soon!

armywife1229
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM

This was us. Then he was home for 30 days leave. Now I'm like, what are you doing home from work at 1500? 

Quoting usmclife58:

My husband has been on a 6 month rotation. He has been gone more than he has been home until recently. He has been home for almost a year, and we are both getting stir crazy. We are so used to him being gone, it is kinda weird spending all this time together, lol!

lilnena98
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

It will end someday. in the mean time cherish the time you have.

KaysMommy19
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Unfortunately, that is the way it is. I've been married for 5 years and have seen my husband a total of 2.5 years. Less, if you add up the days in the field or NTC training and C.Q. shifts. 

Like the other ladies said, you just have to cherish the time you have and make them memorable. 

thenguyenclan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM
This! :-)

I've become spoiled since my hubby has been on shore duty...if he decides to stay in then I'm gonna have such a hard time adjusting to his hours.....but I'll have to learn to live with it again

Just be happy that he's at home cuz before you know it he'll be gone again and it'll suck :-(

Quoting NickLukeandEmma:

It is just the way it goes. It sucks but it is what it is. Just try to cherish the one year home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)