Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We just moved

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

here to fort carson from Fort benning. My husband is since Friday in training for 3 weeks. They will deploy in Maybe 2 -3 month. I don't know anybody yet, but I am not very good with people. I guess you cann call it social Phobia. We have 3 kids ages 10,6 and 1. I have depression and I am on Medication. I feel so lonely esp. at night. I am a stay at home mom and  pretty much just talk to my kids. I allready feel like total chaos. I would need....well that's put wrong..I (think) I want to go to therapy. Was in therapy till we left. It just seems to much to do to actually go to therapy. I was able to take my son with me, even though it wasn't the best situation. I don't know if it possible here. Yeah, I know I just have to call, but...I mean how do you handle it? What do you do? I don't know if there is a FRG, which not really going to help me. I feel very nervous around people and I'm just shy. Don't know what say. Don't really know how to have a conversation going. Man I don't really know what I want to ask with this post, guess just somehow wanted to get it out. I feel so down. I don't feel like doing anything. Just can't get up. Sorry. :/

Stefanie

Alexis October 04, 2000  Emily December 15,  2004  Lukas October 01, 2009

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:47 PM

((hugs))

I hope things get better for you soon!

thenguyenclan
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I would go to the nearest FFSC and see what kind of counseling they can give....militaryonesource is also good to talk to too....they can do counseling over the internet even!!

Good luck mama...hope you feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

yasbobari
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM
Prayers for you!! Get up, call and go to therapist!! Dont be afraid, i know how overwhelming it can be, but you have to get through this. Hope everything goes well!! You can do it!!
Ittgal
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM

I strongly encourage FFSC also.  They have counselors on board. (At least I know the Navy does)

I would also recommend the book "Breaking the Patterns of Depression, by Michael Yapako.  It's a good read and I feel its just not for folks suffering from depression.  I lost my Dad a few years back and it helped me along with the counseling.  Sometimes we just get stuck and can move through some issues and I found that out after he passed.  So along with the counseling (and the book  the counselor recommended) and a few new strategies, I was able to move past the point of being stuck.

I know you can do it, because I did myself.  Keep you chin up and take one day at a time.

Smiles........

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Contact your husbands Chaplain. They will have the number for your units MFLC  which it is the Military Family Life Consultant. They can refer you to counselours or many of them are qualified counselors themselves. They can also give you contacts with all the different resources available to you at the installation.  If you do not know how to contact your husbands chaplain there is usually a page for chaplains on the installations website.  If nothing else there will be a number for the Garrison Chaplain's office and they will know the contact.  Also, military one source has some great resources.

Serenity_29
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Quoting yasbobari:

Prayers for you!! Get up, call and go to therapist!! Dont be afraid, i know how overwhelming it can be, but you have to get through this. Hope everything goes well!! You can do it!!

Ditto..I hope you find a good therapist and well.. I hope you overcome your phobia.

jigsaw ribbonyellow ribbon

gagirl1961
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM
God is near/ and if you don't know HIM JUST PRAY that He will put His loving arma around you so you can feel His presence in your life right now. He sees your pain and struggles and is as close as a prayer away! I pray for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamivon3
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I just got home from my sons Dr. Appointment. He is doing fine and is healthy. The Dr. was asking me things , like which week he was born and stuff, and all of a sudden I started to cry. I felt so stupid and Embarrassed. I mean, it was  my son's appointment. But she gave me a Medical report ( or however you call it ) so I can sign him up for Child/youth services. I don't know about that one so. She did explain to me how it would work with getting a therapist. She gave me a phone number to call. They can assist she said.She was talking about making an appointment for me right then and there, but  I wasn't assigned to any PCM so, she couldn't do anything, other then telling me to make an appointment with them. But I don't know for what.  man it's all so stupid. As soon she closed the doors and started to ask question it just sorta came out. Oh well. What's done is done. I might give the phone number a shot. Don't know yet.  

I have phone numbers of people here my husband gave me, but I don't know my husbands company. I tried Militaryonesource before but ...It just wasn't the right thing for me.  And I don't know what the FFSC is. Is it like an FRG? I don' t konw anything around here yet. Just know where ACS and stuff like that is.

Well, thanks for "listening". im sorry

brandylyn_cohea
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM

it sounds like you may be suffering from depression - the military will take care of you

you just have to raise yourself up enough to get the help

if you don't things will only get worse sweety - you owe it to yourself and your child to get the medication and/or counseling you need

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)