Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Annoyed

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

so we live on base, and i love it. i love that we all go through our spouses being gone and are able if we need support to knock on the neighbors door and they understand what we are going through.. but there is one neighbor who's husband is gone and has been gone for a couple months, at first she would call and ask for help, i was all for it and didnt hesitate to send dh over or go over myself, but then it turned into things that arent hard to do, she didnt want to take her 23 month old grocery shopping with her, or she would ask us at 11 at night to run and get something for her, instead of running and getting it for her if we had it i would let her use borrow what ever it was sugar, dimatap etc. but now my dh is gone too. i have not asked for help from anyone, we are adjusting very well. but what annoys me is she keeps calling asking for help.. its to the point i dont answer, i'm sitting here going ok i understand adjusting and needing a little help, but it has been a couple months and now its just me and my son (he is a few weeks older than hers) i'm sitting here thinking okay i dont need help i'm doing good, but not good enough that i am going to go out of my way to help her... its driving me crazy she needs something everyday   ughh

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vantrice
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Wow, um, I'd say she's kind of taking advantage of the situation?  Doesn't want to take her 2 yr old to the store?  Who does???? She needs to get a clue!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Caller ID- Best invention ever, lol!

mongoe
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Yea it may be time to have a talk with her about appreciating help by not taking advantage of it!  Sorry she is doing that!

fisterswife
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I would be annoyed too if she was my neighbor! When my husband was deployed, my neighbors and I would call each other when we were out. Just in case they needed anything and didn't want to drag the kids out. Usually it was a pack of ciggs, a coke, or candy...lol. There is nothing better then having your neighbor call saying, I am at wal-mart what do you need...when I am CRAVING some chocolate! THAT is what helping each other is about...looks like your neighbor is using you as a door mat! SAY NO!

armywife1229
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM

She's totally taking advantage. Stop answering the phone or simply say, My DH is gone too and I just don't have the extra strength today. Maybe later.

yasbobari
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Vantrice:

Wow, um, I'd say she's kind of taking advantage of the situation?  Doesn't want to take her 2 yr old to the store?  Who does???? She needs to get a clue!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM

that is totally taking advantage. My neighbor and I would swap kids going to the comissarry in Germany and then her boys would help me carry up groceries (on the third floor) and I would give them 5$ for helping out. But when she went to the store I'd watch her little girl so neither one of us was being taken advantage of more than the other we enjoyed our free time as well as helping out. I would talk to her and tell her its one thing when its give and take its another when its take take take take... and it shouldn't be every single day that crap gets old. 

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM

There's alot of wives like that I knew a couple of them thank god I have an awesome neighbor and we have become more like sisters and are always there for each other

FIREFOX1336
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM

i just dont answer, havent for a few days, then today 5 minutes after i pull in, i park in the garage so no one really knows when i am home or not, she texts asking to borrow something.. the first thought in my head is wtf are you watching to see if i pull in or out... or it made me mad that she bitched that i didnt send dh over to shovel her walk and drive during that huge snow storm a few weeks ago, and i was just sitting here thinking dh didnt even shovel ours i did pregnant, and what does she expect me to send dh to the 2 other houses that have spouses gone to shovel also... grrr i'm mostly just venting. but i do think she is taking advantage. dh says i am wrong to ignore her and that i should help her since i have everything together, i may have everything together but i'm exhausted and just want her to leave me alone...

isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM

maybe she's just lonely or she really doesn't know how to take care of herself. Honestly I have a hard time ignoring people even those that are huge biotches to me. I know that the end of the day even if I am coping better we are going through the same thing. If it were me I would have a I need to get this off my chest conversation. 

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

i just dont answer, havent for a few days, then today 5 minutes after i pull in, i park in the garage so no one really knows when i am home or not, she texts asking to borrow something.. the first thought in my head is wtf are you watching to see if i pull in or out... or it made me mad that she bitched that i didnt send dh over to shovel her walk and drive during that huge snow storm a few weeks ago, and i was just sitting here thinking dh didnt even shovel ours i did pregnant, and what does she expect me to send dh to the 2 other houses that have spouses gone to shovel also... grrr i'm mostly just venting. but i do think she is taking advantage. dh says i am wrong to ignore her and that i should help her since i have everything together, i may have everything together but i'm exhausted and just want her to leave me alone...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)