Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loud neighbors! *vent*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

I can't stand my upstairs neighbors!! They are always so loud and have 2 big dogs that they let run around all day and night. Who moves into an upstairs apartment with 2 dogs??? It's a miracle when Kyle, my 3yo, takes a nap and one of those miracles happened today! Both kids were asleep at the same time so I got a bit of a nap too....until the people upstairs started BANGING on something right above our heads! They don't even TRY to be quiet up there. I mean, it's not like I want them to tip-toe and whisper, but at least try to be considerate to the people who live below you!! Ok vent over...thanks for reading

Valerie! Wife to David, Mommy to Kyle and Karleigh

family car juggling

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
isabeesmomma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Have you considered saying something to them? I know sometimes if you have never lived below someone you don't know how loud it is. Its a common complaint in a first or lower floor apartment. 

yasbobari
Sorry! ! Hope everything works out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isabeesmomma

or at least let them know when your children's nap/bed times are so they can try to be extra diligent to be quiet during those hours. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Throw jelly beans at their heads when you see them again! That will teach them!!

Actually, if it becomes a habit, I would definitely talk to them about it. Sometimes people do not realize they are being so loud, or that children are sleeping :)

lilnena98
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I agree with the others. Try talking t them, they might not realize that they are loud.

armywife1229
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM

One of the main reasons I was glad we lived on the 3rd (top) floor. But, I would say something, just kind of a, in case you didn't know.

JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Yeah, they may not even realize how loud it is. When my kids are running around upstairs it literally sounds like they are going to come through the ceiling. However, it doesn't sound nearly that loud when I am upstairs. If we were in an apartment inwould have nonidea the ruckus we were causin unless someone said something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberarend
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I would definitely talk to them if you haven't.  When we had people above us, they would vacuum at 11 pm.  I had to go up there and ask her to stop.  I mean really, who vacuums that late?  Thankfully, she didn't have a problem stopping and it wasn't an issue anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)