Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking Leave?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

Can your husband request leave whenever he wants? I know in my local military group this was brought up a few weeks ago... that some of the ladies husbands couldn't really request leave, only once a year when EVERYONE took leave around Christmas.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

My husband is currently on leave... for like a week and a half. For no good reason, other than i asked him to. We are going to use the time to do some Spring cleaning, and go through our garage before it gets too hot out. I guess i should feel lucky that he can do that!?

averiensmommy07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM
My husband is a recruiter and gets a week of leave every 3 months.

So not technically but he gets it more then when he was at his old unit. They were suppose to get summer and Christmas leave at his old unit but it got cancelled a few times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM

i guess he could request leave whenever he wanted to..provided that they have the manpower left for him to take leave....if that makes sense :-)

he took the entire month of september off last year

SarahJean70
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM
I suppose he could, but he would actually have to be here and not tdy, in a school or deployed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM
He gets it whenever they're not training heavily. I think it depends on your dh's job and their deployment schedule and of course the CoC. We are rapid deployment so they're pretty good about personal leave and weekend passes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaygarcia97
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM

as long as he has days on the books and there isnt anything super important going on yes he can pretty much take random leave. He used up all his paternity leave and then took another week after that to be with me after we had our 2nd DD just 3 weeks ago. We will take leave again in June to go home to see our families

Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yeah, mine is the same... he has tons of use or lose days, which is why he is taking a little leave now. But i have a friend who's husband NEVER gets approved for leave. It seems silly to me, its his earned leave time... why not give it to him. Why does it have to be some big emergency before its approved. IDK, like i said... i guess we are lucky that we have the opportunity to request leave just because.

-Mattel-
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM

My hasn't been able to take leave in a long long long time. He has close to 80 day's and has no choice but to take 30 day's before september… it sucks.

Maddies_mom101
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM

he can but if he gets it is another story

hollybear1280
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Mine has a ton saved up.  He's due to get out Feb 5th next year and he could take a week of leave every month and still have enough to get out Dec 5th.  I think we're going to reenlist though. 

I'm due to have surgery and they called me yesterday to set up the date and wanted to make it next Tuesday.  DH wants to take 10 days when I do, and so I told her I needed to call him first.  He asked me to wait until the third week in March because of duty and some sort of inspection.  So, I just think it depends on their job and how much responsibility they have on them.  His last job, he was an instructor, and he could never take more than 5 days at a time.  But then his 96s were longer than everybody elses just because of where he was at.  He always got an extra day and he didn't have to check in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)