Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shes the reason i dont have military wives as friends

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
  • 36 Replies

It all started almost a yr ago when i meat this chick. She came to my sons bday party cuz her husband was invited by my husband. I had never meat these ppl before but nbd i had a party to throw. After the party they along with a few other guest where invited to stay for dinner. I thought this chick was your normal snoby my husband a higher rank there for im better then you army wife. Now im not trying to mean or hateful to anyone on here but those are the types of wifes i have dealt with so i am not saying that anyone reading this is that person but im sure you have some across one of those ppl at some time. so back to the story, after that day i never thought twice about these ppl again until hubby told me we had been invited to there place for a cook out. In her own house she was a different person but still no one i thought i could be freinds with. So about two months later my hubby was in a motorcycle wreak and at the same time her hubby was leaving for korea. Now im not sure how it all started with her and my hubby but they started talkingon fb all the time. and i didnt like it cuz it was like everytime i came around the computer he was talking to her and almost hidng there convo. SO i started to get to know her cuz i wanted to know what the hell was going on. So they both said it was cuz she was talking to him about her hubby and her hubby had told mine some stuff that was goingon and she wanted some one from the outside who knew both side opion. Which i understood other then the fact that they where talking all night. Then i found a message on facebook where my hubby had told her i wish i had meat you when we lived in nc and i was single and she was like yah me to. Well that pissed me off and i wentoff on both of them and they said it was a big misunderstanding and blah blah blah. so i asked them to cut back there talking and thought everything was fine. Well me and hubby have been having some problems and i found out that they where still talking so i went off on both of them again and she agreed that she would stop talking to my hubby. We she hasnt she till txts him like everyday and he is all like i barly talk to her and gets mad at me coming between there friendship but im his wife and my feelings should come first. So i think im going to have to talk to her again cuz this shit is getting out of control. She even asked my hubby to take her to go buy a gun saying her hubby wanted someone to take her and i freaked out cuz they dont need to be alone together like that. Am i over reacting? or do i have a right to feel this way? I just know that if i was friends with a guy married or not and i did everything hubby is doing he would me mad at me(we have been there before) but hes acting like its not ok for me to be mad at him. And this chick has talked about how mean her dh is to her and how he has hit her and how she wants to leave him and told me that he found out she was talking to my hubby it would be bad but then she told me she told her hubby about it and he didnt thave a problem with it. I think she is lying. Sorry im keep going on and on this is just such a big problem for me. Any advie or opions?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Wow that was hard to read! I can see why you're upset. They don't need to be hiding their conversations or sneaking around about being friends. You should also talk to your husbanmd about this in a calm way. You two may need some counseling to figure out how to communicate with each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leannxo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM

This is a major problem.  He has to stop "or else."

jinglebells8677
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I think we do need cousleing and everytime i try to talk to him he gets all mad about it. After my stepdaughters go back to there moms im gonna have to spell it out for him so we can get things figured out. But i also think as a friend which she claims to be mine she should respect me enough to stop talking to my husband.

Marinemom03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:04 PM

They are wrong You have every right to be upset. Your Hubby needs an ultimatum. He shouldn't be talking that much to any woman. You Deserve Better

Good Luck !!

CookiMakinMomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Quoting leannxo:

This is a major problem.  He has to stop "or else."

I totally agree. You need to tell him that what he is doing is hurting you A LOT and if it were me I'd tell him that he needs to choose, his "friendship" or his family.

Valerie! Wife to David, Mommy to Kyle and Karleigh

family car juggling

chefsparklez
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I don't know your personal situation, except for what you posted, but I was wondering something. Your husband has children with an ex, either wife or girlfriend. You are now married to him and he seems to be having some sort of emotional affair with another woman. Is this a pattern for him?

Does this other woman's husband really know what is going on? Is her hubby still in Korea? It's sounds like she might be lonely, giving your husband a poor me act to rope him. Guys are sometimes clueless about tactics women will use to get what they want.

I wouldn't call her a friend. No friend of mine would disrespect me like that.

Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM
If he gets upset about it then there may well be something more going on. I suggest counseling as a start.
Also, please don't assume all military wives are like her. Most of us certainly aren't and its hard enough to make friends without all the stereotyping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LondonsMomma84
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Very hard to read this post given you don't use period in your sentences or paragraphs, but I got through it!  Not bashing you, just letting you know.

The whole issue in this post boils down to one thing:  your husband talking to another man's wife and letting that turn into an inappropriate relationship.  My husband would never do that.  No married man should be playing referee to another couple's problems, especially when that involves long conversations with the wife.  I think it's "marriage common sense 101" to know that that kind of behavior is inappropriate for a married man.

Ths issue here is your husband, not this woman.  There are millions of women out there, and any of them could attempt to become Facebook friends with your hubby and start long conversations with him, but it's his responsibility as your husband to be trustworthy and not to do that with another woman. 

I would have given him a serious ultimatum as soon as I knew they were having long conversations into the night and he was trying to hide them from me.  I would reevaluate this relationship.

heatherbarr
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

If he gets upset about it then there may well be something more going on. I suggest counseling as a start.
Also, please don't assume all military wives are like her. Most of us certainly aren't and its hard enough to make friends without all the stereotyping.

I agree

KaysMommy19
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM

My thoughts exactly. 

Honestly, give him an ultimatum. He still continues to talk to her, contact her husband. My words to her husband would be something along the lines of "Maybe you can tell me why your wife feels it is necessary to contact my husband so often." or "Maybe you can give me a little insight since you seem so comfortable with our spouses talking to each other so often." My personal opinion is that her husband has no clue.

They both need to cut the crap, and he needs to drop the emotional affair he's got going on with the "military mistress". 

Also, to add, these wives do give other wives like us, bad names. However, I promise, we're not all like that. 

Best of luck to you. 

Quoting chefsparklez:

I don't know your personal situation, except for what you posted, but I was wondering something. Your husband has children with an ex, either wife or girlfriend. You are now married to him and he seems to be having some sort of emotional affair with another woman. Is this a pattern for him?

Does this other woman's husband really know what is going on? Is her hubby still in Korea? It's sounds like she might be lonely, giving your husband a poor me act to rope him. Guys are sometimes clueless about tactics women will use to get what they want.

I wouldn't call her a friend. No friend of mine would disrespect me like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)