Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am sure this has already been posted but

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

just in case http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,748699,00.html

apparently two service members have been shot while flying out on deployment or something to that effect... crazy. 

armytoddler boyblowing bubblesyellow ribbon

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armywife1229
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Yup, twice. But it warms my heart to see so many people are informed and care about this.

They were AF and heading to a deployment. I've ridden on that bus, its scary.

Vantrice
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Yep, it's been posted.  But thanks!  It's so horrible.  It's a reminder that this could be any of our guys/women- at any time.    : (

yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Yep. So sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamissy23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM

yes it was posted...but from the article I read it said 3 airmen were killed but the title said 2

thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Quoting Vantrice:

Yep, it's been posted.  But thanks!  It's so horrible.  It's a reminder that this could be any of our guys/women- at any time.    : (

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

It has. But that is okay :)

isabeesmomma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM

One of the reasons I wanted to post this is because when I see opsec violations it makes me want to scream from the top of my lungs that THIS is the reason you don't do that. I wonder how much info he got off the interent and people not being careful with information on the phone or internet. I know they haven't said anything about motives. Not only that but the miltiary fucked up because there was several more secure places they could have flown into! I too have traveled that same exact way it is terrifying to think that it could have been anyone. 

KolbysMomma1
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:49 AM

maybe, but this happens everyday (not the shooting) we have shuttles that go to frankfurt like every day to pick up military men and women from there to bring them to our base. its not a rare occasion to see any military presence at the airport.

Quoting isabeesmomma:

One of the reasons I wanted to post this is because when I see opsec violations it makes me want to scream from the top of my lungs that THIS is the reason you don't do that. I wonder how much info he got off the interent and people not being careful with information on the phone or internet. I know they haven't said anything about motives. Not only that but the miltiary fucked up because there was several more secure places they could have flown into! I too have traveled that same exact way it is terrifying to think that it could have been anyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)