Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 jobs really?? Why?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 66 Replies

Why do some military members work 2 jobs? Like their active duty and then a job at night? Just curious. I know of a few that do, one of them does it bc he hates being home (no kids just a wife he is miserable with), one does for more money bc they live beyond their means (but she doesn't have a single job bc she doesn't want to). I personally wouldn't want dh to work 2 jobs, I would get one before I would make him work 2 jobs if we ever needed the extra income.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I wouldn't want DH to work 2 jobs either.... His days are long and stressful enough as it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I would get one before I would make him work 2 jobs if we ever needed the extra income.
MwithV_xo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM
My friend works two jobs and it's NOT because he lives outside his means.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM
For the single soldiers, I know a few that do that, I figure at least they are staying out of trouble...
The married ones...their life, at least they are working for what they want. It's non of our business anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtsmom1986
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM
I have a job, so he doesn't need to work two jobs but if he wanted to, I would let him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM

some are paying off student loans, other debt prior to going into the service.  They could be saving up for a huge trip, avoiding the situation where they charge Christmas or travel. 

Many reasons.  At least, they are working!  So- I am not going to complain or state it should be different for them.

Hell... why do I work?  We could comfortably live off of DH's income and chip in $10 for the parting CGO gift (snicker snicker).  We have no debt, our cars are paid off.  I work to put money into our retirement savings, so that I can buy lancome' face make up, pay for girls team gymnastics and start saving for their and our future adopted children's college. 

Mama2lilGarrett

Some families are old fashioned. If a woman is the caretaker then it was the man did what he had to to support his family.

amberdy
My dh used to want to get a 2nd job so he could provide more for the kids and me. He doesn't want me working because he wants me there for him and the kids at all time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara.Worthey
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM

My husband has offered to get a second job so we can get rid of debt, get savings, etc. His hours are so wacky, and they have to have special permission, so it has never happened.

He wants me to stay home, and be there to see our kids grow up, their first moments, rather than to have a stranger do it rather than for me to get a job.

ccmvm

DH has a friend/coworker who works at Sears part time. just bored and likes to earn the extra $

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)