Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spouse would rather go to the mall than deal with wounded husband (LINK)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM
  • 46 Replies

Just a warning it has to do with a wounded troop.

I tried to be a bit understanding when I started to read it but by the time I got to the end I was fuming. Thoughts?

Link

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamissy23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM

hmmm....this is a tough one. If he wasn't wounded would she still want to leave? If so then I would think it is ok for her to move on. But if she just wants a divorce bc she is 19 and just doesnt want to have to take care of someone for the rest of her life bc they are injured then yes she is a selfish bitch....

Dani_Lynn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

She's 19, still just a kid and a self-centered one at that.  The guy is probably better off without her.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I really tried to be understanding because I have no clue how hard it would be but by the end her attitude really pissed me off. She wanted to play house and now that things aren't picture perfect she wants to bail.

Balancing
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM

She is young and treating her husband like a broken hair dryer.  Throw it out and go get a new one with a longer extension cord. 

Seriously - it makes my heart ache for the injured solider and my heart would ache for the soldier if he did/did not have injuries.  Marriage is a serious vow... it is a lifetime commitment.   There are very good reasons why people separate and divorce but I think "moving" is a very selfish little girl who didn't think through her actions too well. 

Other than that, I have to say if she decides to leave her husband I hope she does it before kids are in the picture.  I hope her husband finds someone who will love him for who he is and see the beauty inside despite the outside scars.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I know 100% that this guy would be better off without someone like her. 19 isn't a kid. It is an adult. I married when I was 18 and I wasn't that selfish. She sounds very immature but her attitude was slightly sickening.

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

She's 19, still just a kid and a self-centered one at that.  The guy is probably better off without her.

Kristymomof4
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Another reason why I don't think people should get married at a young age. ie:teens. Not saying it doesn't work for some...

Like the writer says..nothing wrong with her moving on: but her timing sucks.

imo, he is going to better off with out her at this point. He shouldn't have to be with someone who doesn't want to be with him 100%.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM

It made my heart ache too. I want to mother all of these people that have no one. I just want to hug them and try to take away the hurt. He deserves better.

Quoting Balancing:

She is young and treating her husband like a broken hair dryer.  Throw it out and go get a new one with a longer extension cord. 

Seriously - it makes my heart ache for the injured solider and my heart would ache for the soldier if he did/did not have injuries.  Marriage is a serious vow... it is a lifetime commitment.   There are very good reasons why people separate and divorce but I think "moving" is a very selfish little girl who didn't think through her actions too well. 

Other than that, I have to say if she decides to leave her husband I hope she does it before kids are in the picture.  I hope her husband finds someone who will love him for who he is and see the beauty inside despite the outside scars.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Also, if I were him and I had an inkling about how she felt or how crappy her attitude was I would tell her to take a flying leap.

mamamissy23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I was also married at a young age...I was 17 in my first marriage....so yeah 19 isn't a kid. She made a commitment when she married him to marry him for better or for worse. Well it is his worse and she wants out...If she is really wanting out for this reason then she is just one sick person.

MarShy740
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Wow what a selfish b**ch!!!! That annoys me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)