Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Army, (kind of long)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
I really really dont mind when my husband goes to the field. I feel it's important, even when they just run around like 5 year olds. I enjoy the bed to myself, and I enjoy watching whatever I want on tv, and the lack of COD being played.

But tonight, I'm not enjoying it. It's -8 degrees outside. All the platoons in DH's company came home for the week, except his. He'll be home tomorrow night. I feel bad for him, and I'm having hormone issues thanks to the person I am forming in my uterus. I am just thinking, he's out this week, home next, out the week or 2 weeks after, and so on until June when he goes to air assault and misses my birthday, again. And I'll be too big to go do anything. Last year the baby was sick. I'm feeling sorry for myself and I hate that.

We have a state of the battalion meeting next week. Which only ever means deployment schedule changes.

Today, Army, I don't like you. Tomorrow isnt looking great either. Day by day is pissing me off today. I will love you friday when I go to the ob and use my health insurance.

-Ashlie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I have my up and down days. My husband was TDY for three weeks, then came home and was home for less than a week before he got sent to the field for a week. His unit NEVER goes to the field... so i was just like "really... he JUST got back!" LOL.

I do love having the bed all to myself, and the fact that i can watch whatever on TV... but i do like having the extra help around the house and with the girls. So it was just annoying.

But i agree... i think they NEED the training. I see people complain all the time on FB that their husband is in the field or at so and so school, etc... and that its not fair, and they don't need the training, etc. I would rather my husband be trained on the same thing 100 times and be calm if he actually needs to preform overseas... than him only get trained once and have no clue what to do in the heat of the moment!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Usually I don't care, he's infantry, he's going to go to the field. I'm fine with that. But I just have one of those bad feelings about why theyre going so often. Dwell is up in august....when I will be having my SECOND csection and we'll have a 2 year old. And the army really tends to screw us over when we need it the most to work with us (same for everyone lol). It's annoying.

Quoting Klynn-whitlow:

I have my up and down days. My husband was TDY for three weeks, then came home and was home for less than a week before he got sent to the field for a week. His unit NEVER goes to the field... so i was just like "really... he JUST got back!" LOL.

I do love having the bed all to myself, and the fact that i can watch whatever on TV... but i do like having the extra help around the house and with the girls. So it was just annoying.

But i agree... i think they NEED the training. I see people complain all the time on FB that their husband is in the field or at so and so school, etc... and that its not fair, and they don't need the training, etc. I would rather my husband be trained on the same thing 100 times and be calm if he actually needs to preform overseas... than him only get trained once and have no clue what to do in the heat of the moment!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Thank you!

Quoting LOswald0314:

((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM

damn Army

Aqua_Jen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM
Ahhh gotta lovethe Army and rapid deployment duty stations...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Quoting LOswald0314:

((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Is it 2013 yet so we can leave this frozen hell??? Hahaha. We need to go shopping soon. I find out in a week or 2 I think.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Is it 2013 yet so we can leave this frozen hell??? Hahaha. We need to go shopping soon. I find out in a week or 2 I think.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

shopping always makes me feel better!  I guess they call it retail therapy for a reason! :) Sorry you're having a bad day courtesy of the Army.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Thanks! Me too! I did some retail therapy yesterday just cause and I called my Mimi and talked to her so i'm not AS mad now lol

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

shopping always makes me feel better!  I guess they call it retail therapy for a reason! :) Sorry you're having a bad day courtesy of the Army.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)