Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How about drinking?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 33 Replies

Do you do drink alcohol?

How do you feel about drinking around kids?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo1227
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Yes I drink. Not often and NEVER in front of my kids. I don't even go out and drink and then come home to have to take care of my kids when DH is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klynn-whitlow
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I drink. Not too often, and i have NEVER been drunk. I drink till I'm tipsy, then i back off. I usually drink more for the flavor than anything, and like i said its not all the time. Since i don't get drunk i have no problem drinking around my kids. My husband gets drunk, but he isn't stupid about it. LOL.

asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I drink. Very occasionally.

I will have a drink around my kids. I want my kids to know there is responsibility. But I don't drive after a drink and I stop at one.

Some of my neighbors get trashed while their kids are awake and it drives me insane. SO irresponsible.

_Cadens_Mommy_
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I rarely drink alcohol and never around our son.  If I'm going to have a drink it's going to be after he's been in bed long enough to be asleep and even then it's not to excess.  Maybe 2 or 3 margaritas then I'm off to bed.  I watched what drinking did to my mom and swore that would never be me.

amberarend

I drink every now and then.  Sometimes around the kids.  They aren't going to die if mommy has a drink or two.  I don't get trashed or to the point where I can't still care for them.  I try to wait until they are in bed, but sometimes I just want a drink when I want it.

yasbobari
If im alone with kids i dont drink, EVER, im too afraid something could happen , and then who would drive etc. But if dh is home and i want to have a glass of wine, im ok with it, i dont get drunk(hasnt happened since i was in college) i dont like it.
OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM
This.

Quoting amberarend:

I drink every now and then.  Sometimes around the kids.  They aren't going to die if mommy has a drink or two.  I don't get trashed or to the point where I can't still care for them.  I try to wait until they are in bed, but sometimes I just want a drink when I want it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I will have a drink with dinner sometimes, that's the extent of my drinking. I take issue with drunks too. lol If you are a drinker and your kids see that daily, shame shame. 

My BIL is a maintenence alcoholic. It makes me sad.

jealousymagnet
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM
I drink. So does dh. My kiddos are too little to know the difference BUT I have yet to drink at home or in front of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahJean70
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM

We drink socially. If we have a party, our children are there and yes, they will see us consume alcohol.

If we go out to dinner as a family, and one of us feels like having a beer or a margarita, we will. I dont get trashed in front of my children -- I don't get trashed any more period.

Ok, with the exception of that one night at the strip club.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)