Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a quick answer please.. OT

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 16 Replies

I need a prescription filled, it's headache medication.  I don't want to wait two days w/ the base pharmacy- that's how long it takes.  Can I take the bottle to Walgreen's or something like that??  I'm an idiot for letting it run out.  : /

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

You would have to get the prescription transfered first. :( The bottle isn't good enough.

Call your doc, have them fax it over.

heather28311
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Im not sure how it works from on post to off post but i had a perscription id get filled with walgreens then switched it to walmart all i had to do was call the walmart pharmacy and they confirmed with walgreens the switch and i was able to pick it up about 2hours later! =)

Vantrice
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quoting asaffell:

You would have to get the prescription transfered first. :( The bottle isn't good enough.

Call your doc, have them fax it over.

Grrrrr... dangit! lol

asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Oh crap, you can try just calling the pharm. But I know at our hospital, it's easier to get anything done through my doc over trying to talk to the people in the pharm.

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM

yep. it costs 3$

yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Take the bottle, walgreens will call and ask for transfer or viceversa I've done both and depending on the pharmacy /staff its fast and easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Do you havv refills authorized? If not, you def. Have to call ur doc. Or the pharmacy an also request it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vantrice
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Quoting yasbobari:

Do you havv refills authorized? If not, you def. Have to call ur doc. Or the pharmacy an also request it.

It says I have 2 refills left.

CyrinaW
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM

i take mine to Rite ad and it cost 3.00

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM

You should be able to take the bottle to Walgreen's of wherever. They should be able to get the information from the base pharmacy. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)