Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Door to Door religious peddling

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 70 Replies

What is your religion or lack of belief and do you enjoy having door to door religious "salespeople" come to your house to discuss religion? How do you handle these situations?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I consider myself a Christian - definitely not fundamental.

But it doesn't bother me. I get that they think they are doing God's work.

As long as it isn't during nap time. That's a no-no.

abelsc
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I'm undecided. lol.  I'm not bothered by them, but when I was in high school they would stop by every day.  we started not answering the door at that time.

pittawadda
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

So slightly off topic, but relates....I had a cousin that lived with us for a couple years growing up and she was Jehovah's witness and I learned a lot. It was interesting because they had mandatory community service. But for her, they mostly left pamphlets, not actually talk to people. 

I am an oddball, not sure exactly what I am. Maybe more agnostic. 

bramamber
by Amber on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM
It sometimes bothers me. But it is nice to live on base now and not have to deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBDslittlemam08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Don't answer the door.

Karendrae
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

They are doing what they think is good. God's work. It doesn't harm anyone, and they are often very nice and helpful.

I say, don't ruin a good thing. Be polite at the very least. 

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I'm a Christian -I attend church weekly and participate in a lot.

The JW's bother me, b/c they will never convince me of their beliefs, which is what I feel they are trying to accomplish.

I love the mormons. But it's for selfish reasons. I'm from Idaho and almost everytime one of the 2 or 3 that come to my door is from my homestate or even my hometown. So I end up talking to them about that and getting my homesick cup filled :)

I don't like door to door soliciting at all anyway. I don't want people I don't know coming to my door. So that is what bothers me most -not so much the religious aspect.

amberdy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I agree.

Quoting Karendrae:

They are doing what they think is good. God's work. It doesn't harm anyone, and they are often very nice and helpful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I agree.

Quoting Karendrae:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMjonas
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM
I'm not religious. I live right across from a mennonite school. The church they are with always walks around and leaves pamphlets but never knocks to speak with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)