Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long will it take for our furniture to get here?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are at Ft Carson, i drove here from Indiana. All of our stuff is still in Indiana in storage. Well i guess Indiana doesn't have a base with a transportation office and the closest one is in Illinois, anyway, hubby got all the paper work done for the movers to get our stuff. Our estimated pick up date was march 31st but we never got conformation on and since thats just 3 days away, my hubby went and asked about it today....Turns out someone THREW AWAY our paper work in Illinois so my hubby had to re-do it all (even tho we have a copy from the 1st paper work he did) Now we are told it will take 10 days to get another pick up date with conformation, then another 10 days of drive time to get our furniture here.. This is the 1st time we have done this. Does it usually take that long? Thanks!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

No. For us it has never taken this long. Usually our stuff has been to our new destination before we even get there.

What a mess! So sorry hun! I would file a complaint over the lost paperwork!

amberdy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM
We just moved from Ga to Washington state. They left with our stuff on a Thursday, we left on Friday. We got to Wa on Tuesday and our stuff didn't get here for almost two weeks after we did. This was the first it has ever taken that long for us, but it does happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM
I think for us a max of a week. Can't remember well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

When we got married I moved my stuff from VA to AZ. By the time we got a transportation date to delivery it took about 30 days. Not sure if this is the norm, but this was it. I've never done a CONUS PCS, so I have no clue.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Bump!

Hope you get it soon!

airforcewife36
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM

We moved from Holloman (NM) to Ft. Bragg (NC)... our stuff was there before we got there... But we have done 3 overseas assignments... and the turnover to get our stuff was about a month... I think you just caught up in one of those "freak incidents"...lol... Sorry! :) ... Keep your chin up, it will work out! :)

my2beauties133
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

We moved from Indiana too. We are stationed at Ft. Bliss, and it took two weeks from pickup to delivery. Sorry you are going through this.

ccmvm
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

my friend just got to ft. carson yesterday (coming from FL) and her furniture and stuff was delivered today. of course every situation is different though, i know for us when we got here to NM from DE we waited 2 weeks for our stuff to get here.

gildea47265
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Its kinda frustrating because this is not the 1st time something like this has happened, while my hubby was at AIT, a mix up with paper work, his orders were never given until a week after he graduated, Then when he did get his orders he went to the duty station and they couldn't figure out why he got orders to be there because they didn't have a spot open for his MOS..And now this with the transportation!!

Quoting airforcewife36:

We moved from Holloman (NM) to Ft. Bragg (NC)... our stuff was there before we got there... But we have done 3 overseas assignments... and the turnover to get our stuff was about a month... I think you just caught up in one of those "freak incidents"...lol... Sorry! :) ... Keep your chin up, it will work out! :)

asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM

We've always had to wait a while, but we've move cross country, so it's a long haul for the truck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)