Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could happen?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a question, I don't want to get too much into specifics but DH and I got in a verbal fight yesterday and he shoved me against the wall and I kept trying to shove him away and scratch him to be left alone.  I haven't seen any marks on him but I have a bruise on my shoulder and on my upper back.  DH has never done that before, since he got back for Iraq 6 months ago his stress levels are still high and he only lost his temper real bad right after he got back when he kicked a hole in our oldest DS' bedroom door.

I asked him to see a counselor so today he went and told her what happened.  I forgot that she would be obligated to inform someone.  She told DH that she had to tell social services and that she doesn't think he has anger issues but stress issues and that he needs to go to stress management classes.  He knows if social services gets involved they are going to notify his command and he might lose his top security clearances.  If we both get help (I'm already in counseling and we already do marriage counseling and now he has his counselor), can there be any hope in saving his career?  I didn't want this to jeporidize his military career.  Anyone know or can help?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I don't know. But I don't think you should feel bad about asking him to go to counseling. If he is this stressed out, it's what he needs. Hopefully he can find better ways to deal and get back to his old self.

-Mattel-
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

You've already put the ball in motion now it's a waiting game...

His mental health and your children's safety should be more important than his career.

yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Quoting -Mattel-:

His mental health and your children's safety should be more important than his career.

. This. Good luck hun!
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Quoting USAFamily:

I don't know. But I don't think you should feel bad about asking him to go to counseling. If he is this stressed out, it's what he needs. Hopefully he can find better ways to deal and get back to his old self.

armywife1229
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM

He knows the consequences. Counseling alone will not result in a loss of clearance. 

USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM

BUMP

asaffell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM

This.

Quoting -Mattel-:

thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Quoting yasbobari:

Quoting -Mattel-:

. This. Good luck hun!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM

BUMP!

Sara.Worthey
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I think the fact that you are seeking counseling will actually help his case. There was a former friend of ours that had issues after his last deployment and he was removed from his home away from his wife and step-daughter. he still has his clearance, and I believe that he will be deploying with them becuase his counselor signed off that he shouldn't be discharged on psych charges.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)