Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions about NC state for Out of state military family

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
My husband is a Marine. He just got back from deployment with A CO. at Camp Lejeune, NC. Currently I am in the Army Reserve in Lakeland, FL and we have a two year old son.

We are planning to move from FL to NC, but we don't know where will be the best city or town where it will have the best daycare, schools and family oriented. We are willing to be an hour away from Camp Lejeune and Army Reserve Units but we are not familiar with the state.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We need help to decied where it will be the best place for our son. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Sincerely,

Mrs. Sanchez
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yasbobari
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Bump for someone who knows the area.

Armymommy196
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM
I am in Jacksonville and to be honest it is all in what you prefer. I live outside of jacksonville in Richlands. It is about 35 minutes from lejuene. If you like the country life you would love it here. There is swansboro which is the other way and I hear that's nice. If I had a choice I would try and get on base housing. The housing is incredibly nice here. The few I know here prefer living on the base and there are 4 different housing places. Jacksonville is small and not all that great but the beach is right here and that part is nice. If you'd like more info pm me. I will awnser as best I can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Is he still going to be stationed at Lej? If so, is there a distance limit to how far away he can be?

Armymommy196
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Also about schools my DD is in the second grade and loves her school she goes to Richlands primary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM

bump

NAHIMANA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Thank you for the info. We are more country side folks. Base Housing is not our option because we won't receive BHA if we move in base. We are looking to live at least an 30 - 1 hour away from the base. I am trying to do as much research as I can about the area, weather and family oriented.
Sincerely,

Mrs. Sanchez
AmberRobandJr
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:41 AM

i live in hubert which is about 15 min from lejeune, its more laid back, country-ish but still close enough to where you can go out to eat etc.

NAHIMANA
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM
Quoting usmclife58:

Is he still going to be stationed at Lej? If so, is there a distance limit to how far away he can be?

He will be station, reenlist and stay in Camp Lejeune. There is a distance limit, I'm not sure what it is but he wants to be 30 min - 1 hr. away from the base in the country side, far from the coast.
thenguyenclan
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:33 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)