Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uh oh....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM
  • 20 Replies
Dh washed all his gear this weekend, like his ammo belt and what I call his "crotch shield" and he used the cheer in the laundry room. He was getting stuff ready for a road march tomorrow...and the pieces he washed are blue from the detergent.

This is why I wash everything, he was trying to help.... Any idea how this can be fixed? maybe?? I'm worried he's gonna get in trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Oh no.....have you tried running them through again?

Balancing
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

like the detergent bleached it out... or the detergent is still on it?  If it is the latter, I would re-wash everything but in two loads so that there is more room to agitate (is that the right term) and wash on a warm or hot to help release the detergent from the garments.  If it is coloring from his ammo belt...  not too sure on that one.  maybe wash on hot to release it????  with some oxyclean like in the commercials?

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM
He needs them tomorrow morning, and they can't go in the dryer. I will try that though ASAP tomorrow.

Quoting LOswald0314:

Oh no.....have you tried running them through again?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM
I think it's just detergent on it, but they look dyed blue. Idk. I will try to run them through again after he gets back in the am. They can't go in the dryer so I can't do them tonight. Ugh

Quoting Balancing:

like the detergent bleached it out... or the detergent is still on it?  If it is the latter, I would re-wash everything but in two loads so that there is more room to agitate (is that the right term) and wash on a warm or hot to help release the detergent from the garments.  If it is coloring from his ammo belt...  not too sure on that one.  maybe wash on hot to release it????  with some oxyclean like in the commercials?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Like the others said, I'd wash them again!! Hope it works!

armywife1229
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM

No clue. I've never had problems with washing stuff.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Aghhhhhhh. Hes marching to a range and back tomorrow so he won't be back after pt. And he has these marches all week. So I am gonna run them again ASAP when he gets home tomorrow evening, lay them out in the bathroom turn a box fan on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM
I haven't either. I got a 2X concentrated detergent at the store, and he put an entire capful in.... This is why he doesn't do laundry.

Quoting armywife1229:

No clue. I've never had problems with washing stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I hope you get it fixed!

MamiiCaliente
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM
I would suggest oxyclean or sun oxygen cleaner. Put 2 scoops in with your regular dose of detergent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)