Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question a Day Icebreakers- Day 34

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM
  • 12 Replies

Worse roommate you have ever had- give details?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BV88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
My husbands best bud...

The whole situation is too long to explain but let's just say they are no longer best friends. Ugh I get so mad thinking about it (he moved out 9 months ago and still owes us 800 bucks)! Bastard.

I will NEVER let anyone live with us ever again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Never had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:48 AM

oh boy...ummm lets see here... I had a roomate name crissy. I think she was mentally delayed but I am not sure.  She looked like a man! I caught her staring at me a few different times.( she would have to go through my room to get to her room)

In the same townhome ( I had 4 roomates  in this place) I had another roomate named Nicole. She was a umm interesting girl, very very dirty She never cleaned her room. One time I had went in her room to talk to her and I sat on her bed.. there was stains all over it... you can guess what type of stains they were. She loved to entertain in her bedroom. She was the type that didn't have a bank account so she would  cash her check at like  walmart go and spend it on MAC makeup, smokes, some food and then the rest went to the bar. She would always pay her rent late if at all.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM

OMG, that reminded me of another roommate we had that was JUST AWEFUL! When we first moved to Bragg back in 2006 we had a little 2 bedroom house. Before i even got down here (i was still in IL for a month after we were married) my husband decided ON HIS OWN to let one of his buddies take the extra room. He was going through a separation, but since he was still married he couldn't stay in the barracks... but couldn't afford to live on his own, blah blah blah.

Anyway, this guy would go out every weekend to the club/bar, he was always buying beer/cigarettes, etc. He was supposed to be helping buy groceries (in the 3 months he lived there he bought them ONCE, and we went twice a month). He was paying for the cable/internet... but that was it. Him and his buddies would come around during lunch and smoke in the front yard then just flick the butts in the yard. His room was a MESS. It was just BAD. There was only one bathroom in the house, and he always left his stuff laying around in there... didn't clean up hairs, etc. YUCK!

To top it all off, i was pregnant... so i wasn't feeling the extra person in the house at all!! LOL.

Quoting BV88:

My husbands best bud...

The whole situation is too long to explain but let's just say they are no longer best friends. Ugh I get so mad thinking about it (he moved out 9 months ago and still owes us 800 bucks)! Bastard.

I will NEVER let anyone live with us ever again.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM

My other bad experience was with a friend of mine. After my husband deployed the first time (which was JUST after the first bad experience), i went back home (still pregnant) and lived in a two bedroom apartment with my friend and her toddler. We signed the lease agreement together (so she wasn't there before me, she was still living with her grandma). We had issues with the common areas in the house. She has issues with my cats. At one point it got so bad she told me i either needed to get rid of them, or one of us should move out. Sorry, I'm not getting rid of my cats... and since she was the one with the issue and couldn't get over it, and she made the suggestion... i made HER move out. Which pretty much killed our relationship. It was awful! She ended up living in the same building as me, but we never really talked much after she moved out.

Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I had a roomate named Jen.  She worked at a pet store... she had so many little animals and she didn't take care of them... lizards, fish, iguana, a rat and a cat... There was a lizard that died on its heating stone.. and she refused to clean the tank.  She would cut her toenails and leave them on the floor.  she was soooo gross.

momoftatertots
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM

My BIL he slept on our couch and used our dining room to store all his stuff. It was before kids and all 3 of us had full time jobs but I also went to school full time so after all that I had to come home and clean up after 2 guys who were total slobs. I got on DH about it and DH started helping more but BIL did not. I started to refuse to clean after him so every month we raised his rent till he moved out.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Ew thats gross!

Quoting Balancing:

I had a roomate named Jen.  She worked at a pet store... she had so many little animals and she didn't take care of them... lizards, fish, iguana, a rat and a cat... There was a lizard that died on its heating stone.. and she refused to clean the tank.  She would cut her toenails and leave them on the floor.  she was soooo gross.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hahaha... i love it!

Quoting momoftatertots:

My BIL he slept on our couch and used our dining room to store all his stuff. It was before kids and all 3 of us had full time jobs but I also went to school full time so after all that I had to come home and clean up after 2 guys who were total slobs. I got on DH about it and DH started helping more but BIL did not. I started to refuse to clean after him so every month we raised his rent till he moved out.

Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM

then there is my Dad... he drives me freakin' bonkers most days... he is like a 3rd child... he finds the most inopportune time to have a "discussion about something"... ie - me telling the girls that they have 5 minutes to brush their teeth, get pajamas on.. and he wants to have a "earth changing " discussion about the nice lady that smiled at him at the store and how she was sent from Jesus to bless his day.  I am on Dad overload today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)