Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having my hubby overseas is hard...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am so stressed out. My hubby has been overseas for over a month...I thought we'd actually be saving money, but that is not the case. He's gonna be gone for a long long time and its stressful for me doing everything without him here. I'm 5 months pregnant and having to be on bedrest. I'm trying very hard to not let it get to me, but it is so hard. We have a follow on that is overseas, but it'll be a year from now before we leave. So I'm trying to fix our house so I can sell it right away...ugh!! I'm going crazy. On top of everything I have a statistics class online that I absolutely despise. I've got two more weeks left, but I need to make up four weeks of homework and quizes. This weekend I'm going to San Antonio to stay with my MIL for a few weeks, hopefully that'll help a little. My FIL makes me nervous sometimes though because he's a TI at Lackland...he def brings that attitude home. I don't if I can deal with the attitude lol I've been an air force wife for 5 years...you'd think I'd know how to handle things by now...but nope. I only had to go through one deployment when we were dating and it was only for 5 months- that was 6 years ago; he was in Diego Garcia which is more laid back than where he is now. He's a higher rank than he was then too so, he says he's being kept busy with 5 different troops. I barely get to talk to him...I hate it, because I don't have anyone else that understands. Since I'm on bed rest I can't mingle and meet with other air force wives here. But that's okay, my baby is more important. I'll do that stuff when he's here. Sorry, I know this is rambling, but had to get it off my chest.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM

((hugs))

I hope things start looking up for you soon!

herrera20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM

fisterswife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Sounds like you are having a bad day! It's times like these were we as military women find how strong we really are. Keep your head up, you will get through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM

hugs momma

yasbobari
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Quoting usmclife58:

((hugs))

I hope things start looking up for you soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I hope things work out the best for you... maybe make a list of things that you want to accomplish in your home and school wise... Maybe you can enlist the help of a friend closeby or from your hometown that can come out to help out with some of the activities...?  maybe stay there and have a family member come out to help you.  Not sure if you have other littles running around too... but maybe get a "mommy helper" at the house.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I'm sorry!! Hopefully everything gets better. Good luck!!

armywife1229
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Hope things get better for you! Is he deployed or living in Europe/Asia? I hope that you get all things in order and it keeps moving along. Good luck and remember, we're here for you!

herrera20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Thank you :) A good thing is that we live in my hometown where my husband's first and only base is lol My mom and my best friend help out as much as they can, and I appreciate it so much. We have twin girls that will be 4 in July and they are with my MIL right now- they've been there for a month now :( I miss them like crazy, but I'll get to see them this weekend. San Antonio will be a lil mini vaca for me since I can't go anywhere. I love San Antonio though it has a lot to do there and we're only 5 hours away so its not so bad. A lot of my family though has said they'll help but it seems like everyone always says that til you really need it...then they give excuses, which is why I try to think and plan like there is no help lol 

Quoting Balancing:

I hope things work out the best for you... maybe make a list of things that you want to accomplish in your home and school wise... Maybe you can enlist the help of a friend closeby or from your hometown that can come out to help out with some of the activities...?  maybe stay there and have a family member come out to help you.  Not sure if you have other littles running around too... but maybe get a "mommy helper" at the house.

herrera20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Thanks :) He's deployed in Asia...I guess they call it a short tour or a long tour?? He's gonna be there for a year. So long tour? :/ lol I'm so bad with remembering things. I'm gettign nervous about starting the process of changing bases. So confused about when to start getting visas and passports done and get my dog through the stupid pet scheme for the UK and all those dr appts for medical clearance etc etc. We went through it once before but the orders got canceled bc on of our twins had acid reflux- yeah it was a retarded reason to cancel the orders to Alaska. Its good though that I know what to do now and what to expect, but I've gotta call and make sure to show up at outbound with the right questions so I can get the right info.

Quoting armywife1229:

Hope things get better for you! Is he deployed or living in Europe/Asia? I hope that you get all things in order and it keeps moving along. Good luck and remember, we're here for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)