Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time to potty train?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

My daughter -11 months old- just brought me a diaper (on her own) so I would change her. Does that mean I can start the potty train now? Choo Choo!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

It could happen! But a lot depends on her body and if she can hold her bowels long enough to go potty. Most kids haven't developed that ability by the age. I bought both my daughters their pottys when they were 15 months old, my oldest would pee on it -then lost interest, then arounf 2.5 completely potty trained (no accidents, no pullups, no night time problems) She was super simple.

My youngest is a pain. She never wanted to use the potty, and now only wants to go if it's a public toilet (vomit). She turned 3 in March. I think she is just stubborn though!

Good luck!! I am sending diaper free wishes your way!!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Lol she's smart! I know nothing about potty training yet.... But I guess I should start learning. Landon started doing this sideways crab walk and grabbing his diaper when he poos. I think that's a sign!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klotztheatre
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

If your 11 mo. old is ready to potty trained I'm going to be so jealous! My youngest is trying my potty training patience. She'll be 3 next month and is only about 85% potty trained *sigh* I hope your lil one is though! Giving you a diaper is a great firt step. Do you have a potty seat?

MarShy740
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM
I would be Mega jealous!!! My son wasn't fully potty trained until 3 1/2 but I let him do it himself at his own pace .... she might be ready GOOD LUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asdenyesmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Possibly. Buy her a pot and always take her to the bathroom with you. My mom did this with one of my sisters and had her trained by 13 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I was really just kidding. I don't think she is quite ready (mentally) for actually going potty. I just thought it was cute.

She is a little smarty though. She brings her blanket for sleep, her bottle or sippy when she wants something in it, and today she brought a diaper. She doesn't really talk (compared to her sister at this age), so it is her way of communicating I guess. She will point to something she wants, and shake her head yes, but the only words she says are daddy, mama, toes and dork.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Dork! Lol, good job nikki.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM

That was ALLLL her daddy. I came home from an ESC meeting and he said "I taught Tink a new word." Lovely.

MwithV_xo
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM

is she walking?!?!?! geeze i'm so jealous.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM
She does walk. And climb. She keeps me busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)