Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freedom Calls

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM
  • 47 Replies

I actually called Freedom Calls and spoke with someone.   She stated that yes they are no longer doing any calls because the DoD took away their funding.  It costs less than a million dollars to have this program.  If we were to email the First Lady and the Second Lady and our Congress and Senate members and show them that this will make a difference to the troops to boost morale and everything we might be able to get this program back.  Let's do this ladies, let's get this wonderful program back.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddies_mom101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM

This is such a wonderful program....This is comming from someone who got a chance to use it ... Let get it back for all the moms that wll be giving birth  while husbands are deployed

Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

devil's advocate: what are you willing to give up that we have as a benefit to have this?

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Thanks for doing your research! So, it wasn't privately funded?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I agree. Let's just get a budget figured out, our finances in order, then let's add another program. They are cutting pre-K, head start programs, housing programs, ect. Unfortunately, this isn't something I think we should start up until we can afford to do so -even if it's less than a million dollars.

Quoting Balancing:

devil's advocate: what are you willing to give up that we have as a benefit to have this?

Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I think it was both. The military has to have the internet access and such available for them to use it, and the DoD would have to pay for that. I think the rest was by donation.

*could be wrong*

Quoting LOswald0314:

Thanks for doing your research! So, it wasn't privately funded?

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I was just going to post this.

Quoting Balancing:

http://www.freedomcalls.org/

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Oh, and thanks for doing your research!

Quoting USAFamily:

I was just going to post this.

Quoting Balancing:

http://www.freedomcalls.org/

Maddies_mom101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

hmmmm.... troop morale.... nah thats not important its not worth  the money.

get what budget figured out   ha they will never get the budget completely figured out.... have we ever had a set budget? its always changing

Quoting USAFamily:

I agree. Let's just get a budget figured out, our finances in order, then let's add another program. They are cutting pre-K, head start programs, housing programs, ect. Unfortunately, this isn't something I think we should start up until we can afford to do so -even if it's less than a million dollars.

Quoting Balancing:

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I think being assured we will be paid on time and our families can all be cared for medically would be more important for troop morale -that's just me though.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

hmmmm.... troop morale.... nah thats not important its not worth  the money.

get what budget figured out   ha they will never get the budget completely figured out.... have we ever had a set budget? its always changing

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting Balancing:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)